Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as a newly appointed master member (very proud) I couldn't help notice my fine line up of 5 stars (not the 80's family pop quintet or a badge from macdonalds).. How fetching they look..

then..shock horror, simon7extreme tried to mess with me and I noticed that the newly acclaimed moderator only has four stars...so am i better than him?

yours at the top of the tree, king of the hill..hero of heirachy.....blah de blah

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Simon wasn't a Master Member when he became moderator.

Welcome to the Master Member club!!

Funny thing is, I don't recall seeing any of your posts before....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The point is you could post 1000 messages and they ALL could be a load of old drivel (like mine ;)) or you could just post a total of 1 or 2 that could be extremely informative. Now which one is the better person?

Personally I think the star rating is a load of bo****ks and should be done away with or the names changed. There are too many people posting lately just to get another star (no names but you know who you are!...cough...Robert ;)).

For my next trick I will now go an steal some sweets from a baby...LOL :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As you could see, I didn't mess with your postings, it was only a joke ;)

All monitors only have 4 stars. If you go to the profiles you will learn how many stars were gained before becoming one. The real thing is not the number of stars, but the quality of the posting. That is why everybody just ignores how many stars I have, they know I am full of S###, rather like you, I suspect ;) :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blade

Not often you are wrong when you post, but check the profile. I think I am the only moderator who got there before turning gamekeeper! You are one of the masters who we all respect, usually. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HH6,I agree stars are ###### ,but if im a good boy can I have 6 please I deserve it because I am special.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go on with you,
Every one knows my vast knowledge of Evoness if fully recognised,I know all about Evo 's ,how many seats they have ,how many wheels they have .What colour mine is and what colour is the best colour MINE.
I know what an exhaust looks like bacause I have one .If any one wishes to tap into my huge knowledge of Evo ness please mail me at
[email protected],co.uk.
Don't be confused by technical expertise ,I'll tell you what I think.Send all charitable donations of Krony 12 packs and Rizla papers to me .wait 2 hours and I will reply.
I'm most positively certain I'm up for being a moderator,I'm sure you'd all like the freedom of speach I could offer you.
I didn't get to master member because I have a pretty face and a hole in my arse you know!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Simon, apologies - I didn't remember you becoming Master Member. Why only 4 stars then?

It is silly, isn't it!

My wife is actually embarrassed that I am a master member - as it shows how much of a sad #### I am and how much time I spend here!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blade

It is my one defence with my wife. look, there are others who are more sad than me . ;)

It seems that moderators are automatically stuck at 4 stars. I agree, the star system is not right but I do think there should be some way that new people can tell something about the people's experience. However, experience does not |EQU| good posts, but that is subjective anyway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Surely we should appoint a pro-stupidness moderator. If anyone takes life on here too seriously, they get their posts deleted and banished to the Lancerforums (oh no, not that!).

There is only one person qualified for this job.... SHORTY

Andy. Talking bo**ox since 1967.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And maybe we can have a star rating system by committee, rather like the Good Food Guide. Graders, totally incognito, could grade the posts on 4 points, Technical merit, artistic style, usefullnes and finally, humour. Then we could have a ranking system with, say, smiley faces for those with humour, skull and crossbones for those not worth reading ( that will be me then!) etc. Volunteers needed to judge. :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Simon a very well thought out Idea,give up your day job and you might just manage it,thanks for being the first volunteer your a Star:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah Chunky you have been here from year dot! (you must have got a little white beard by now ;)) Christ you even remember when I was called Hornet and not HH6 now that must be 18 months ago at least! You must be Master Member 4 times over? You can have a couple of my stars mate as I don't want 'em ;)
By the way Simon and Tony, as the subject was brought up, I was Master Member twice before coming a moderator but as Master Member means nothing other than someones got keyboard diarrhoea (like me ;)) then it's not really important. I had to sign up after the accounts disasters hit me 3 times (as you mentioned Chunky ;)). In the end I just came on as a guest as I got fed up with keep having to create accounts every few months, at least now its better.
Hehe I am still not listed as a Moderator on the Members List even though I was the first one after Darin and Dom, time to sit back, relax let the newbie Moderators take over ;) .....bom...bom...bom (a Hamlet moment) :D

HH6, moderator on holiday ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
From someone who obviously only posts for the sake of gaining stars, I seem to have dragged out replys from all the moderators and the know all bostids...so can't be that dull.

If it wasn't for people like myself and barry to a certain extent who take a lighter approach to the subjects on this board and also are sensible enough not to hijack or spoil serious threads, this board would be a very dull place.

Blade,
I have recently changed my sign in from RobVI, its a sign of growing up I thing...you'll cut yourself one day!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why don't we all get together and have a big fight.

The one left standing, crawling or just breathing can have everyone's stars.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts