Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above what's the best way to do it remove the whole motor, gearbox, transfer box as one and do it on the floor or just spilt the box from the motor while it's still in the car and advice be great thanks

·
acting daft since 1969
19,604 Posts
dropping the whole lot would be a nutter mare to do

its not an easy job to do either way but ive only ever dropped the box off with the engine still in there

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I've heard of people dropping the whole lot out just to do a clutch. Guess it's all down to how competent you feel about doing the job. If room allows you too then dropping the box would be my option.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just wondered what way was quickest that's all when I dropped the lot out my 6 took me 1 1/2 hours but was the first and only one I've done just wonderd if taking the box out was quicker don't want to make work that's all

·
acting daft since 1969
19,604 Posts
its undoing all the wiring thats the PITA ,you have to do just as much work to drop the box on its own like shafts out and prop off as you would dropping it as a oner
if you can handle scrapping with the thing as a whole on the floor to change the clutch do it that way

just remember to release the release bearing BEFORE you drop it all out its MARE to do on the floor

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just had a good look at the new one to see how it comes apart lol will let you know how I get on cheers people

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All sorted now and wasn't to bad of a job to be fare certainly not as bad as I expected thanks for the help and advice people

·
Registered
109 Posts
If following the guide on an evo 6 and poss 4&5 don't try to split bottom ball joints just remove strut bolts or bottom arm to subframe bolts. The ball joints on mine just would not budge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts