Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to know the best tyre of choice for fast road use no track days tyre performance being more important to me than length of life of the tyre , road noise etc cheers

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Although some people may not agree I would recommend the Michelin Pilot Sports 2, very good all round tyre IMHO and still have plenty of tread left on them after over 8000 miles of fairly spirited driving. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maybe you should try the Bridgestone Potenza SO3 Pole Position...it's an excellent tyres for demanding driving and long lasting too...this tyre is the top in Bridgestone tyre ranking...

by the way, can someone tell me, what's the name of the top tyres in Michelins range...?

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
ETERNA_V6_2000 said:
Maybe you should try the Bridgestone Potenza SO3 Pole Position...it's an excellent tyres for demanding driving and long lasting too...this tyre is the top in Bridgestone tyre ranking...

by the way, can someone tell me, what's the name of the top tyres in Michelins range...?
The PSII is pretty much the S03 equivalent.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
For proper treaded tyres, the P-Zero "System" Asimmetrico, Michelin PS2 and Potenza S03 all get good feedback.

For maximum grip the Toyo R888, Dunlop D01J / D02J and Yokohama A032R / A048 semi slicks will work great in dry and damp conditions. While they are completely road legal, you will need to adjust your driving when encountering standing water due to increased chance of aquaplaning though.

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts
NumptyScrub said:

For maximum grip the Toyo R888, Dunlop D01J / D02J and Yokohama A032R / A048 semi slicks will work great in dry and damp conditions.
Also the Michelin Pilot Cups and the Pirelli P Zero Corsa ;)

did I forget to quote the wet conditons part? lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.