Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi peeps im looking into getting a twinplate for my tme as i want to do some runs at pod this year but i drive my car everyday. will a twin plate be a pain to live with or are they ok? and what are your personal prefferences?:smthumbup

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
they are fine to live with on a day to day basis

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Exedy twin plate organic for me as well, supplied and fitted by ND. A bit heavy at first but after a couple of drives eases off and fine day to day. Shop around though, aint cheap ! :smthumbup

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info . so the exedy seems to be the one to have. much appreciated .

·
Premium Member
12,346 Posts
cusco twin, same as Exedy non HD... The best for your requirments hands down, would try [email protected];)

The competition clutches available through RSE are nothing to frown at either, I have seen them take a beating with 400+hp on a daily basis:smthumbup

Regards,
GUM

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Got an exedy twin in my 6. Big change in pedal feel, but fine once used to it.
Mine's a daily driver and it's no problem at all. The odd launch without the clutch stinking is always a good thing too:)

·
Premium Member
12,346 Posts
For the OP's application I would strongly advise the SD version over the HD...

·
custom caged 9gt
1,792 Posts
I have exedy hyper twin hd on my evo 9
Dont use it as an everyday car but not far of the same pedal feel as a standard clutch
Done a few hard launches with no problems just all 4 wheels spinning :mhihi:

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
ive the higher clamping carbonetic twin - and its a pig:lol:

so heavy that you can only push it in if you lift your whole foot off the floor .
and it rattles like a barsteward when its pushed down .
but ... i dunno if its only my particular 1 as i got it with 500 miles on it as the guy who just had it installed couldnt have it at all , and other people say theier 1's are fine.
saying that its launchtastic and never any burning smell no matter what you do to it .

lets just say its an acquired taste...:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
ive the higher clamping carbonetic twin - and its a pig:lol:

so heavy that you can only push it in if you lift your whole foot off the floor .
and it rattles like a barsteward when its pushed down .
Mine has ATS & Across logo but I don't know which clamping force it is. Should be same stuff as Carbonetic. It's heavier than stock, but not particularly heavy. I have had way heavier clutches in my previous cars. It rattles clutch pushed down when cold but not really noticeable when you have driven a bit or the car is moving.

Once tried Evo 4 with solid paddle clutch. That was unbearable for any normal driving :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Got an exedy twin on my 2.3 5 , takes some getting use to but give it a week or so and all is good, plus when having the odd launch here and there its good to think that the clutch is up to the job and doesn't smell or smoke :smthumbup

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have an Exedy Twin Plate HD version which has a slightly stiffer pedal.

I do 45 miles a day in my car and don't mind the clutch at all, it makes a variety of noises from rattles to donkey noises but i find this rather cool because im sad :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts