Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a stock frame turbo to go on my 2.0lr looking for something that will spool fast 0 lag and do 450+ Been offered a fp green gen 2 has anyone got dyno graph of a 2.0lr running a fp green ?

·
Registered
711 Posts
If least lag (as possible no turbo has zero lag) hks is known as best spooling turbo and 450-480bhp safely if good mapper used, who understands retard and egts seems like this is cause of some failiures.

·
MLR Oldie
14,979 Posts
When I had my engine built, NR Autosport built another one at the same time. Both specs were very similar, only difference being the turbo. Mine used a CBRD BBK Full and the other used a FP Green (2nd gen). Both cars made pretty much the same power @ 380/390 at the wheels and spooled very quickly. I'm not sure if Nick or Fred posted the graph of the other car but I'll have a look for it later on.

·
Registered
711 Posts
When I had my engine built, NR Autosport built another one at the same time. Both specs were very similar, only difference being the turbo. Mine used a CBRD BBK Full and the other used a FP Green (2nd gen). Both cars made pretty much the same power @ 380/390 at the wheels and spooled very quickly. I'm not sure if Nick or Fred posted the graph of the other car but I'll have a look for it later on.
Do you have a graph of yours? Dont find much info on the bbk turbos but yours has been reliable?

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Nobody..no longer available.
CBRD moved on to EFR7163 kits, mostly single scroll and mostly for Evo X platform.

BBK-Full was very close to HKS 7460, but I frankly don't see any advantage, not in reported reliability or anything else...
BBK-B is larger and wonderful but...on pump fuel will not spool like OEM (Neither will Full, only HKS spools like OEM turbo).

FP Green in twin scroll is similar to former BBK-Full in spool, but with little more power on top.

I've had 3x 7460 and loved each..I still have one I am attached to how great it is.
I had BBK-B and loved it but it was on 2.3 -thus had a lot more low-down exhaust flow to help it spool super quick.

Depends what you want:
if 470bhp is enough - HKS
if you must have 500 - FP Green is available but will loose maybe 50lb/ft of torque low-down.

There is also Ross- Owen new turbo...which I think is ~FP Red size and power..would likely be laggy low down on stock 2.0 block. But if you revved to 8500 with built motor or had 2.2 liter...Ross-Owen turbo would be killer combo.

BBK like you can find occasionally used, but I have not seen one for long long time.
Anywhere, including USA.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I dont really want used to be honest, 71 hta is another contender for me but hks might be the 1 but it's expensive

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
HKS reaches peek boost at 3350rpm, 25psi, on pump fuel, on stock block.
Compare that to anything else, and it will lag quiet a bit.
71HTA is nice compromise...but...how many E9 turbos did not crack the vanes in exhaust housing..if yours maybe did you cannot convert it- now you have to buy a whole new turbo or good used turbo...

So its not so easy.
HKS is shockingly good, and although not cheap, its direct fit and no other supporting mods are essential.

On E7-9, the stock air intake is frankly plenty good to support HKS.
Stock downpipe is similarly fine.
You just need high flow cat and catback. And 3 port solenoid. Maybe that is already done, which is a bonus.

·
Transmission Dynamics
7,805 Posts
There is also Ross- Owen new turbo...which I think is ~FP Red size and power..would likely be laggy low down on stock 2.0 block. But if you revved to 8500 with built motor or had 2.2 liter...Ross-Owen turbo would be killer combo.
Do you have experience of this turbo?

It isn't laggy on a 2 litre, but is only 20-30bhp up on an HKS7460.

On a 2.2 at redline or 2ltr at 8500, it is overspeeding and out of its efficiency zone, it's not big enough for this set-up.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
HKS 7460r!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts