Lancer Register Forum banner

best technique for 30-130

951 views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  DaveG 
#1 ·
hi guys

so its 30-130 this saturday:D really looking forward to this, done it last year and it was my first time with a near standard 260:blush: but had a blast :D:D:D

anyway...

i will addmit i am no race car driver but what is the best technique / way to drive this event to get the best times possible:confused:

also how much fuel would you reccomend i have in my tank when i arrive:confused: last year i arrived with a full HEAVY tank of v power:eek: im only 5 mins away from marham so havn't got far to travel home.:mhihi:

shaun:)

#3 ·
Drive it like you stole it!!

Best technique I found is to full throttle it from stand still change ealry into second to keep momentum but make sure its before 30mph otherwise the gear change will slow you down, then its all up to you!!

Always have no less than a quarter IMO as I kept getting fuel surge when going into the bend at the end of the runway!! And its not good having no power at that speed when cornering!

#6 ·
Some tips from looking at thousands of 30-130 graphs over the years.... :cry:

* Fast and smooth gear changes are vital. Try to lift off the throttle as little as possible and feed the clutch back in smoothly to not upset your momentum.
* Work out your optimal point in the rev range to change gear. This isn't where peak power occurs, it will be after that, but should give you the best use of your BHP curve. Gearing can affect where to change in each gear.
* Minimise weight of the car. You won't use much fuel on the day so pointless filling it before you get there.
* Minimise drag, but remember you can't remove the rear spoiler ;).
* Decide whether it's best to start in 1st or 2nd. Lag vs. gear change time.
* Build boost with some left foot braking before launching.
* If you've got an AVCR type boost controller, set it so the car pulls the same boost in each gear.

#15 ·
also when you hit the box at the start of each run you have to hit it whilst at 30, does it matter where abouts in the box you hit 30:confused:

would your times be any different if you hit 30 at the start of the box or the end of the box, if you know what i mean:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.