Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know its not very evo, but seeing as there is a lot of IT guys on here (and they probably know about this already), check out /http://www.kazaa.com

download the software and then download software to your hearts desire.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
watch out..... Kazaa installs a lot of spy software and stuff that opens up pop up browsers etc... Get morpheus if U can as its free of all this junk.

Also, for mp3 audiogalaxy.com has much much more and some very very rare and hard to find music. Kazza/morpheus easier to use but only good for more mainstream music.

Hotline is THE daddy though !!!

regards

Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got Morpheus a few weeks ago after a tip from a mate at work, great little ferret and not just MP3 ;)

Whats Hotline like and where's it at?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HH6 - hotline is for connecting to private servers. Most of the time you'll need to get a login and amp; pass by uploading something requested. But worth the hassle - you can get any software package or OS you so desire, the very latest games, mp3s, very latest US cinema releases both mainstream and of the other variety if you're that way inclined. Also there seems to be lot of rips of popular tv shows like Jackass and amp; the simpsons. Some of the servers like hells gate (for games) are very very fast as well - 100K per second !

go see:

http://members.home.net/oooo/hotlineguide.html

use trackertracker to search for stuff:

http://www.tracker-tracker.com/

regards

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah steer clear of Kazaa. imho limewire is much better, its the pc port of gnutella and very heavily used, you can get ANYTHING you want at all

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kazaa, Mopheus, Imesh, Limewire, WINmx, etc all install SpyWare despite what it says on their web sites. Try running Ad Aware on your PC to detect if any SpyWare is installed, it's like a virus scanner for SpyWare and you might be surprised! You can download it from http://www.lavasoftusa.com. Problem is if you try and delete any of it your file share programs tend to stop working! Personally I think it's worth putting up with SpyWare if the trade-off is all the stuff you can download. Or you could just use a dedicated PC for downloading.

Kazaa, Morpheus and even Grokster are just different brandings of the same software that all share the same network. I prefer Grokster because the other two do not allow audio files with quality greater than 128kbps to be shared. They also download parts of files from multiple sources to speed the download times up :).

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i would like to rename this thread to: best software for about 10 minutres then utter shite.

downloaded loads of stuff then found the bandwidth of my adsl line and the speed of my computer getting worse and worse, dont put it on for any reason.

Dave: thanks for the software link, cleared it all out.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
am i the only person here who has not got a ****** clue what these are on about ????????????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Limewire doesn't install spy/add ware afaik

You don't want to know what us geeks are talking about, its special secret geek stuff
R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Basically guys they are talking about peer to peer ( your computer to someone else`s computer) file sharing software.What it allows you to do, is share files with other users, these files can be anything from audio to video, games, programs, basically anything you want.You can limit the folders that others can *leech from, and so giving them only access to say d:Kazzaa/uploads, and not your complete hard drive.

What i find best is to have a folder where i download to, then move out the larger files into another folder, so as to stop anyone from trying to upload from me and slow my connection down.The folder i download to is also the folder i allow others to leech from :)

*leech |EQU| take files from my computer to their computer, bit like sucking blood ;)

It is very good software, sepecially if you like collecting MP3`s or video files.

Hope that helps explain alittle better!

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
there are 2 things,and 2 things only you need to know about computers
1 de-frag..........makes it go faster
2 f-disk............makes it go slower,so slow in fact,that it will NEVER run again
ive spent many an hour using (2 ) in comet,dixons,pc world,banks etc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts