Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aaargh, yes i know the dreaded word, no i am NOT trying 2 sell u some, but instead am wondering whats the typical ins price for an Evo. OK i dont need 2 know exactly, dont want 2 seem 2 nosey,;) but a round about figure would b good. It would help if u could name the Co. aswell. I have just recieved a fig. of £850 from Tesco's, is that good or bad do u think. I know it depends on differant circumstances but at least i will get an idea, Cheers guys, oh an girls.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sounds a good price if you are under 50! Watch Tesco, 'cos they tend to move the goalposts when you accept the quote. They did for me. Try A-Plan (Thatcham). In fact try them all!

Search the forum for insurance related subjects, there are hundreds of them, with phone numbers of different/ recommended/ not recommended too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a plan are very good. I'm with AXA through them for £850, 36 years old, full ncb, buniess use, live in somerset.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got insured last week with Tesco. £720, Age 38, Full NCB. No points. Did not require tracker and live N Yorkshire. After surfing the net and phoning around this was the best I could do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx skin 4 that, i also live N Yorks and am 37 so hopefully not far away from yr Q as am going to phone them this time rather than internet, cheers...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It also depends what you want to do with the car, if you plan track days and mods DON'T go with Tesco, have a search for a thread I started and look at the company that Blade recommends, they do a good quote and as far as blade goes will allow almost ANY mod to be done to the car and also unlimited track day, thing is they are only any good for people over 30 so that rules me out :(

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is mine the worst price for insurance? £2,500!!!

26 yrs old, Midlands, 2 yrs NCB, 11 points :D

What I'd give for an £800 insurance premium! (Although that doesn't include giving up the Evo!:))

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for comparison I got mine from Tescos

Midlands male 35 2yrs NCB 0 points £1,300 |PLS| Tracker

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For comparison:

E5 GSR |PLS| Mods
Scotland, 28, Full NCB, 3 Pts, 1.1k on AXA through A-Plan.
All the usual suspects were quoting me 1.4k!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Try Elephant.co.uk - Age 31, Somerset Postcode, 5 Years NCB, 1 Accident Two Years Ago, Exhaust and Induction Kit Mods, £770 !!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
heh... 28, 5yr (full?) NCB, unmodded 6 GSR, cat1, tracker. 2k through A-Plan (AXA fully comp w/prot ncb).

Must be my postcode, and the lack of garage... :(

And being under the magic age of 30.

Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow, some of these quotes make mine seem cheap, £2000 with tesco, no mods though and no track days :( im 19 with 2 years ncb, had to put a tracker and alarm on it though. Lucky to get it, cos every other company wanted over 7k!!!! .....was close to giving up

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Daz,

I'm wincing at the thought of your insurance premium if its worse than mine! That's Ouch! , Very Ouch! .

Johnny, jeez! How did you manage that? Who are you insured with?

DT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts