Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

What would be the best plugs to fit to an Evo 3 please, the car is standard at the moment but possibly thinking of a boost upgrade at a later date and wouldnt want to change to the again at that point.

Thanking you in advance

Andrew

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
we have got hks iridium in our 1 m8,not sure of the part no but someone on here will know or i will let you know sometime over the weekend as i will be taking them out to clean/gap them.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I use the Denso's here :)

Most will argue that theres no point paying the extra for iridium ones etc etc but they been in the car for 2 +years and 20k miles running about 15psi on my E3 and still going strong :)

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
tbh the only reason we have iridiums in ours is cause they were in it when we got the car.but i have tried normal plugs and the car runs rougher and does not start as easy.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Evo1man said:
but i have tried normal plugs and the car runs rougher and does not start as easy.
perhaps not the correct 'normal' plugs
I've never had any problems with BR8ES at approx £1.69 each
or experienced any better performance at high boost with mega- buck iridiums

but....it's individual choice...so whatever you're happy with .....

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
Evo1man said:
tbh the only reason we have iridiums in ours is cause they were in it when we got the car.but i have tried normal plugs and the car runs rougher and does not start as easy.
My car starts first time, every time on £1.50 NGKs, my last car did the same. If your car doesn't start as well without £40 worth of plugs you better be looking elsewhere for the root cause!

IMHO, iridium plugs are second only to FCDs in the 'biggest scam in tuning'. Lot of F&F-induced bolleaux if you ask me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts