Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had a Helix, lasted 9000 miles. I don't think they are good for proper fast road use, but that's just down to my driving style i think.

I now have the Exedy twin plate clutch kit. It comes with a lighter flywheel. It takes some good spanking, and you can do a few more launches. I use it mainly for the road, but it would be absolutely spot on for track use.

I got mine from Station Garage Arnside, but Alyn at A S Performance was saying that he can also do good deals on these now.

If you like to save money, you can get them from www.slowboyracing.com in the US, they are around £800. rather than around £1200 here.

Cheers,
Huss.

·
Super Moderator
7,387 Posts
Cheers moses :D but we no longer sell alcon clutchs as we have found a better range of clutchs which have been out performing the alcons in road and race use. The big problem with the alcon clutch is that its designed for use in rally cars where the teams don't mind replacing them every few events or even every rally :eek: they will not last long when used in traffic.

Thanks Gary
Cpp

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
Cheers moses :D but we no longer sell alcon clutchs as we have found a better range of clutchs which have been out performing the alcons in road and race use. The big problem with the alcon clutch is that its designed for use in rally cars where the teams don't mind replacing them every few events or even every rally :eek: they will not last long when used in traffic.

Thanks Gary
Cpp
your welcome bud and nice to hear their are better clutches now, nice one bud :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
huss said:
I had a Helix, lasted 9000 miles. I don't think they are good for proper fast road use, but that's just down to my driving style i think.

I now have the Exedy twin plate clutch kit. It comes with a lighter flywheel. It takes some good spanking, and you can do a few more launches. I use it mainly for the road, but it would be absolutely spot on for track use.

I got mine from Station Garage Arnside, but Alyn at A S Performance was saying that he can also do good deals on these now.

If you like to save money, you can get them from www.slowboyracing.com in the US, they are around £800. rather than around £1200 here.

Cheers,
Huss.
Huss,
whats your impression of the Exedy as of daily use in trafic? I had a twin HKS which was a nightmare in normal driving.

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
Evolution said:
Huss,
whats your impression of the Exedy as of daily use in trafic? I had a twin HKS which was a nightmare in normal driving.
roy richw had a exedy give him a pm he know has a different one

and also u should have opted for a hks gdmax thats the easier version

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
moses said:
roy richw had a exedy give him a pm he know has a different one

and also u should have opted for a hks gdmax thats the easier version
Thanks! The Exedy seems to come very cheap at least in the US: 1470 USD.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.