Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I've been looking a little bit online for places that sell model cars, specifically Evos, Skylines, Imprezas, stuff like that. I came across a little place called etoybugs.com and they have a lot of what i'm looking for, but I have no idea how reliable they are. Does anyone know of a reliable place where I could get models from? What's typically a good price for one, like a 1/18 model or something similar?
-Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nick

If you get a copy of this weeks Motorsport News there is a whole page ad in there from a model company selling 1/18 WRC models of last years cars at £10 each. A lot cheaper than normal. Sorry, can't remember who it is and I've thrown my copy out.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on HH6 , let me in on the secret of what car polish you are using i have asked twice before in two different threads but you are still holding the cards close to your chest.

Go on you can tell us all now that you are geting rid of the car ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HH6

It's easy to spot the difference. I cannot understand why you think the big one looks like the real thing at all! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've Got One,
Sorry but I haven't been able to connect to this site for the last 2 weeks on my home PC hence no replies (don't ask why I couldn't connect because I don't know!).
I have always used Autoglym Resin Polish or Turtle wax color ********. I think it was Autoglym for the above photo. I think the shine is more to do with the paint work finish than the actual polish.

Before anyone asks I am keeping the model as I have found it is a lot cheaper to run ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers HH6 .
i also use autoglym (at the moment) and i think you are dead right on the colour,all the iccelle blue ones i have a really good shine as oposed to my silver ones good shine
Dafydd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can also buy from ebay.com
Do a search for Mitsubishi lancers and they have a ton of 1/18 autoart models (which are the most detailed)

I got mine from ebay and it is really nice and cheaper than most online places.
Just be sure to check out the seller's ratings and pay by credit card.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HH6,
I bet you where just waiting for this exact thread to come up so you could show off that picture!!!:D.
Love to see the neighbours faces when they seen you lying on your stomach in the gravel taking a picture of a toy car!!!:).

Regards,
Paul.C

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Try , www.trax-models.co.uk.

Also , if u r UK based , visit the various car and motorsport shows , a number of good retailers attend with a huge range on show , and because they r all competing prices r lower than online or shops.

BTW , my tip 4 buying at shows is wait until the last day in the afternoon then haggle , I always get the price down , especially if buying 2 or more from the same stall :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GSRed,
LOL, yeah I thought I heard someone walk by when I was taking the picture and I jumped up quick so as not to look a complete tit (hard for me not to look like one at the best of times let alone with a model car ;))
Taking pictures like that seems like a good idea until you actually take them then you realise what a ****** you look....LOL
By the way have your got a co-driver for your E6 rally car yet ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can also try Tamiya. Get this - They have a petrol engine Evo VI WRC with 4 wheel drive, oil filled shock absorbers and miniature disc brakes! Beaties also do a much cheaper version 1/10 scale WRC car about £80 with full suspension and it's firkin quick. More fun driving that than my real one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
www.autoart.com

I bought an E6 at the weekend from a modelshop in Windsor.It was a special one to celebrate the win a the Monte Carlo rally.It looks the dogs doodaas but a little bit pricey.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts