Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

In a short period of time i'll need to replace my OE clutch.
Since i don't do launchings and i don't intend to go over 360 bhp, i was thinking to fit an organic clutch instead of a paddle or twin clutch.

Given this, what organic clutch do you recommend? AP, Helix, Exedy, etc...

I'm also thinking to fit a lightweight a flywheel, is it a good mod?

Thanks,
Pedro

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, this OE one already has almost 100.000 Km (60.000 miles) so it's good, however since i'm changing, i thought it would be better to try something better.

The OE clutch is cheaper than a organic one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Well, this OE one already has almost 100.000 Km (60.000 miles) so it's good, however since i'm changing, i thought it would be better to try something better.

The OE clutch is cheaper than a organic one?

Thanks.
my evo is 400bhp 400lbs 10k miles on std clutch and flywheel!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
clutch

dnot buy an exedy fast road just fiteed one to mine total rubbish juddering high bite really heavy had it a week and it failled i ve had 2 oe clutches no probs using an helix now seems goods exeddy need to sort this issue out seems a bad batch in uk at mo

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well OE clutch seems the way to go...

Do i need to replace the clutch cover and bearing?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
clutch

exedy never again there twin plates are brill but the organic are terrible cost me a fortune cos i had to change clutch twice even ruined my fly in few days

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What about the clutch cover?
It's absolutely necessary to replace it, is it a good practice or else?

Because it's expensive...

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
i got about 350 bhp at min and im running rps clutch and very happy with it got a good feel to it and is fine in traffic
Mate whats the pedal pressure like ? Considering one of these as i have a helix paddle atm , which is too light for the engagment imho !!!! I'm after a really heavy pedal as i prefer it that way !

Thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
it a little bit heavy peadle than a std clutch but nothing like a twin plate give rse a call as they got all the details on them and if you look under trader section they got the price and info about them but

1 - 20 of 24 Posts