Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have done a search and read few threads now seeing what the best fuel to run, so far alot of you guys recommend BP and shell and Tesco 99 Ron, but I wanted to know for sure what the best fuel to use, thanks

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Each car is different our old e1 drank tescos like water so we stuck with V Power. The III it doesn't seem to matter if we use tescos or v power.
A friend of ours who has a VIII has no problems with tescos or shell, but his knock link was lighting up like a xmas tree with bp.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Ours seems to prefer tesco 99, seem to get more high knocks with v power for some reason, although the car was mapped on tesco fuel so that may be the answer. Would never put bp's 97 in unless was desperate for fuel.

Dave.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
The Best Fuel...Wait for it

BP102:eek:

:mhihi:

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Anyone tried Esso Premium? Im gonna go with V power I think but the shell station is miles away and the esso is on the way to work :)

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
esso premium is 97 ron and lit up my CEL for low octane before i got her tuned up

.....my car is mapped on tesco 99 RON, seems to like it, decent gas mileage, and its cheaper than Vpower

BP Ultimate 102 RON is available in less than 20 garages nationwide, but its almost water clear, weird stuff. Its also over 2 quid a litre :eek:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
esso premium is 97 ron and lit up my CEL for low octane before i got her tuned up

.....my car is mapped on tesco 99 RON, seems to like it, decent gas mileage, and its cheaper than Vpower

BP Ultimate 102 RON is available in less than 20 garages nationwide, but its almost water clear, weird stuff. Its also over 2 quid a litre :eek:
Yeah, pretty pointless havin a car mapped to run it unless you got one of those 20 stations on your doorstep, don't ever fill up away from home, and have too much money to spend on fuel. :lol:
Be nice if they'd sort the availability and price a bit tho.

Dave.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Running on 102BP you may consider have your car remaped, 102 its oxygenated fuel so on car mapped for 97,it could run slightly lean.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Running on 102BP you may consider have your car remaped, 102 its oxygenated fuel so on car mapped for 97,it could run slightly lean.
Evo's have an octane sensor that will adjust mapping according to fuel used... and can remap above 102

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Evo's have an octane sensor that will adjust mapping according to fuel used... and can remap above 102
theres two maps high octane and low octane,and the ecu will only adjust itself if the lower octane fuel is used to prevent knock,but not for 102 because they are factory mapped for 98 fuel.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Actually higher octane fuel goes richer and not leaner if mapped, for example, on 97 octane; David Buschur I think demonstrated this. That would explain why more timing can be added.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
when talking about 102Bp which is oxgenated fuel,car will run slighly leaner if not remaped,due to the extra amount of oxygen in the fuel so if mapped properly car should run little bit richer.
Im using sunoco 102 with 3.7oxygen and when connected to the wideband you can see that car runs leaner so just add more fuel

1 - 20 of 23 Posts