Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions gents if you wouldnt mind - will be looking to purchase a decent spec exhaust for the car and am curious to what is generally considered to be the exhaust out there for around the above price or do I need to up the price (or lower it if I'm too far out) to get a good system. Also, in people's experience how does it compare with the Super Drager exhaust that was fitted std to the fq320/fq340. And would I need a decat to get the best out of it or are there cat back systems that are just as effective?

Many thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G11DOM said:
Why dont you find a company who will make you a bespoke exhaust to the spec which you want for you?
I thought they were massively expensive - would it be possible to get a full system (including manifold) within that sort of price?

Cheers!

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
GlobalGB said:
I thought they were massively expensive - would it be possible to get a full system (including manifold) within that sort of price?

Cheers!
You should get a full bespoke system (elbow back) made up for less than a K no problem. If you want a manifold as well you may struggle a bit, perhaps get a Nur spec or a Hiper muffler and you should find a manifold with the change?

I bought a full bespoke exhaust from Longlife near Bristol for my previous car and they tune the noise you want out of it (IE loud under load, quiet while cruising was my request) And was well happy with the result.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Lee,

thanks for the info - to be honest sound requirements is not really a concern for me (though probably it is for the neighbours ;) ). I'm just really after the best performance exhaust for the price bracket I've set though I guess custom exhausts also cater for people who want the best out of the exhaust that exceed off the shelf designs?

Thanks,

Mark

Weebl said:
You should get a full bespoke system (elbow back) made up for less than a K no problem. If you want a manifold as well you may struggle a bit, perhaps get a Nur spec or a Hiper muffler and you should find a manifold with the change?

I bought a full bespoke exhaust from Longlife near Bristol for my previous car and they tune the noise you want out of it (IE loud under load, quiet while cruising was my request) And was well happy with the result.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EVO6RSS said:
Look at the Jic Majic 505 full ti 3in all the way. http://www.jic-magic.co.jp/

Mate that to a J speed downpipe. http://www.cs-marche.com/

You should have one of the best flowing exhaust set ups avaliable. This is what I have..

Cheers,

Rich.
Cheers Rich! Will take a looksee as the time is approaching and want to get a decent setup decided asap. :)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The exhaust I have is the Spartan 505.

It is at Gaz's as is the downpipe. I will ask Gaz to take some pics and I will post them up.

The exhaust is mega light and has a single rear silencer only. :D

Cheers,

Rich.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Someone like Hayward & Scott could make you up a good system.

You could quite easily spend £1500 on a manifold alone :eek:

My system is custom & incl the downpipe I think it was about £500, that was specced exactly as it was needed, with a bit of haggling/blagging on the price.

Also have a single rear silencer (small) so an expecting a lot of noise :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks lads, choices choices - what to go for.. :)

1500 for a manifold alone - frigging hell is it made from platinum or something?! :D

I need to do some research, time to dig out that little used function - 'the search menu' ;)

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
That would be a proper custom made manifold by someone who designs exhaust manifolds for F1 cars for a living, so it will be as good as it gets, no compromises (which include having to move the radiator to fit it in). :eek: :D

Any particular reason why you are looking for a syste, as such? (sorry, i'm just being nosey) lol :D

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Once the car arrives and I've done a few K I want to start modding the car from the ground up so to speak so I don't have to repeat any mods if a new combo dictates that a dependancy component needs to be modded.

I made the bad choice of picking a GSR as I now have a half decent daily driver and now the EVO will probably just end up being a weekend / trackday car (whereas before it was also going to be daily driver).

Anyway enough of that waffle - planning on doing the exhaust first (well er.. after the alloys and eibach lowering springs) and then putting strengthened conrod and bolts in, will also look a forged piston set and possible high lift cams. I dont think I need to replace the air filter and intercooler I would have thought?

After that will take it to one of the MLR tuners or maybe Alyn (stockcar) from AS performance and then get 'medieval' on its arse (ball bearing turbo/(motec/autronic depending on mapper) etc, depending on the advice from the tuner). Simply looking for bags of low/mid end torque - I couldnt really give a stuff about the bhp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a H & S system put on my 7 when I bought it at Xtreme and I am very happy with it. A friend who has a Fiat coupe turbo went to stealth systems in Southampton and they made an exhaust from scratch while we waited. Sounds fantastic.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the advice lads. However, I've had a word with a certain company on the advice of one of the posters and it looks like everything is sorted. All I will say though is that the budget has went out the feckin window on this one. :cry: :coolsm:

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
save your money and get the best unit on the market the APS 3.5" exhaust . sam and i tested this and it is the very best out there . evo400 also now has a modular 3" front pipe which could be tailored to fit with this system .

dave

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
evo400 said:
save your money and get the best unit on the market the APS 3.5" exhaust . sam and i tested this and it is the very best out there . evo400 also now has a modular 3" front pipe which could be tailored to fit with this system .

dave
Dave,
What's your view on the APS induction kit? I will go the APS 3.5" route, just wondered if the induction kit was a worthwhile purchase as well.
Paul

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
3.5"? Wont that compromise on back pressure and low end torque - one of the key objectives will be to build torque and spool up early down the revs as possible?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts