Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 4G63T on my car with 3 straight piping, and K and amp;N air filter.
Will adding an APEXi S-AFC do well with my engine?
Any benefits? Initial settings would be well appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You might be able to get some improvements in fuel economy. I wouldn't really recommend it unless you are increasing boost to a point where you require more fuel. I bought one because of this. I was able to increase boost a further 2 psi and still run safe by using the AFC and a larger fuel pump to increase fueling.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. may i know your mods and boost. i'm currently running 1.2 bar, k and amp;N cone type filter, free flow exhaust, 3 piping. will the afc help me with this mods? thanks again for replying.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well my car is an Evo I and I am limited to 95 RON, so you can't directly compare. My mods are HKS 264 cams, boost controller (1.2 bar), 2.5 downpipe, 3 exhaust, K and amp;N drop-in, fuel pump, super AFC. Basically, before the pump and AFC at just under 1.1 bar I would get peak exhaust temperatures above 900C (getting dangerous) at 7000 rpm. Now at 1.2 bar I get peak exhaust temperatures of 850C (pretty safe) at 7000 rpm. I still have a lot of scope to add fuel so I am sure I can add some more boost. There aren't too many roads out here and times of day (well, night) where you can wind out the car to 7000 rpm in fourth so I haven't gotten to tune as much as I would like.

You can also lean out the mixture some at lower RPMS which gives a bit of power.

It really dependson your ultimate goal. If you are serious and can afford ti, get a stand alone ECU instead. It will give much better control.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wreckleford,
I know you can't get any Rolling Road figures but what do you estimate your car is outputting?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've just had an AFC fitted to my E6 at RC Developments,and the car felt instantly better.
It pulls a lot cleaner and smoother and is definitely up in power.It's now running 1.2bar boost and holding it.Other mods are Pipercross induction kit,full Mongoose exhaust inc de-cat and front pipe,Forge Dump valve and grommet removed.I have no fuel cuts now and on the first tankful after the AFC got 21 mpg,up from 17mpg.Power now is @ 330 bhp, the next move is an AVR |PLS| uprated fuel pump |PLS| regulator for 350 bhp.Well happy.
A big thanx to Clive |PLS| Jenny @ RC who really seem to know their stuff.
Cheers
Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really have no idea how much power I am puting out. I wouldn't like to guess. I drag race it to get some idea of the performance but I haven't had a proper run in eight months now (destroyed the clutch once and the transmission the next time). The last time I got a proper run I ran a 13.034 quarter mile, but that was at 1.1 bar without the pump and SAFC and a slipping clutch. Based on what other cars with similar mods. are running I figure I could run at least a 12.7 with my current set-up. I should know by the end of the month.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the inputs, i'd surely be getting the AFC soon.
may i know your settings?
I'm currently running 15.9seconds on 1/4 mile, thats with a sllipping clutch.
I sure hope this changes when i get the AFC.
I just replaced my K and amp;N back to my stock filter, and it feels like i got better
mileage, for the performance, i'd have to see this weekend when i run on 1/4 mile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts