Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been told my 06 E9 AYC pump is broken (but I have doubts) by mitsu ralliart garage during my 23k service. it has full ralliart service history.

I have no lights on the dashboard (i.e. looks normal) and no noise when turning slow or driving. only time i heard it noisy is when they took me through to the workshop when the young lad had the mut tool hooked up and tried to bleed the fluid whilst up on the ramps. i did ask if air was caught in the system but i may have well asked if coca cola had been by their looks.

they say an error code flashed up on the mut tool - cant remember what but it signified a non functioning pump.

anyhoo called today and they say they can do a good will replacement since the car is just out of warranty but has FDSH. £1600 buck + . FT!
i did also ask if they were able to pressure test but was told the pump didnt pump so no. ?

anyone any advice/ideas?

cheers.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
take a look on HERE and HERE

so all not lost get an independant garage like clicky to have a look
cheers mate!

I'm involved with & design mechatronics/hydraulic systems for well service equipment and highly suspect it is an airlock - its the 1st thing I asked them!

judging by those links you gave - seems dealers are incompetent at AYC servicning.

looks like the wife is getting taken to Lancashire for valentines now... how do I explain this one...?

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
cheers mate!

I'm involved with & design mechatronics/hydraulic systems for well service equipment and highly suspect it is an airlock - its the 1st thing I asked them!

judging by those links you gave - seems dealers are incompetent at AYC servicning.

looks like the wife is getting taken to Lancashire for valentines now... how do I explain this one...?
when the computer says no, its no, they wont even try anything:shake:

dont know if any other trader nearer you that can help, but one i posted are top blokes :smthumbup

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when the computer says no, its no, they wont even try anything:shake:

dont know if any other trader nearer you that can help, but one i posted are top blokes :smthumbup
yeah, it was the whole computer says no attitude - now where I work and what i'm involved with when computer says no, you bl00dy well find out why - and quickly. and then if stuck work back from basics and process of elimination. and if customer facing/relating service depts. are gonna quote 4 figure repairs they had better have exhuasted the proof to back it up! - anyway before i go into rant mode... I'll get a 2nd opinion 1st.

watch this space.

cheers

·
Registered
24,448 Posts
I nearly got ripped off the £2500 for this little mistake, get it done manually, they had to bleed mine a couple of times and use the lap top but there was beggar all wrong with the pump. £70 and job was a good un. Get to Protech.:smthumbup

Exeter-evo saved me a small fortune just giving me the info. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts