Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fitted an electronic boost controller with solenoid. But I believe the solenoid has failed as I can't control the boost, past actuator setting of 0.7bar.
Anyone nearby that I could borrow a 3 port solenoid for a test run on my car.

Please :D

Thx

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
You can test your current one by splashing the terminals with battery voltage.

Just hook up two fly leads to the solenoid, connect one lead to ground and splash the other across the positive battery terminal. You should hear it click if it's working. The polarity doesn't matter for the test.

You can also check the resistance across it. Is it a stock solenoid or aftermarket?

Paul

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After market solenoid. Has the greedy logo embossed on it. Tried the battery test but don't believe I got any click. Is it supposed to rattle if I shake it :lol:

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Is it supposed to rattle if I shake it :lol:
Er.... no! :mhihi:

That sounds knackered to me. If it doesn't activate when you apply a voltage to it, it's almost certainly not working.

The Greddy solenoids are made by MAC iirc. AEM also use them for their boost controllers, as do Gizzmo. They're very easy to get hold of and fairly reasonable price wise.
Here you go.

Paul

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats just what I've been looking at :lol:

The controller fitted is same as r-specs one (bcu+). But was already on car when I bought it.

So new solenoid soon then. Doh

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And bin that BCU!
They are DIRE!
Just need to test a working solenoid to make sure it is that and not somthing else :shake:

Solenoid is half the cost of a new controller and solenoid. If I had the money I would change the lot. :mhihi:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you got a multi-meter you could check the resistance over it :rolleyes:
Got multimeter, but what exactly am I looking for? Sounds stupid but how am I to test it as I've never checked resistance before :shake:
Help appreciated :D

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
Got multimeter, but what exactly am I looking for? Sounds stupid but how am I to test it as I've never checked resistance before :shake:
Help appreciated :D
Im not sure what the resistance on your unit should be i have a Perrin one so i can check that tomoz for you! To test the resistance you just put the two probes over the two therminals of the solonoid and see what reading in "ohms" you get :smthumbup

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im not sure what the resistance on your unit should be i have a Perrin one so i can check that tomoz for you! To test the resistance you just put the two probes over the two therminals of the solonoid and see what reading in "ohms" you get :smthumbup
Thx. Will await update :smthumbup

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What reading did you get :smthumbup
Not done yet. Got home from work put car away and got fettling with the bike instead. To many projects on the go :mhihi:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:shake: :mhihi:
Right the answer is a big fat 0 ohms :shake:

So new solenoid or complete new controller setup. Hmmm

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That be a open circuit then mate ring TSL and get a perrin one :smthumbup
Can I run without it. By attaching tube straight to the actuator with no restrictor

1 - 20 of 23 Posts