Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Recently purchased an E8 on 19" BBS CH alloys, lovely looking wheels but appear to have a major issue :cry: The idiot who had them fitted originally has fallen into what appears to be a common problem and bought them with the 112 pcd and put wheel nuts without the correct 60degree taper on them :wallbang: Subsequently the nuts have worn horribly! Its been suggested that assuming the wheels and hubs/threads aren't damaged then using 'wobble' nuts should be fine, the correct spigot rings are fitted and they sit fine on the hubs themselves. Its obviously just the pcd thats the problem, sooooo does anyone have any experience of the wobble nuts on these wheels? is it safe? im not going to be tracking it, just dont want any disasters! If this is not a reliable option, i understand its possible to have the pcd altered to 114.3 somehow, has anyone any experience of this and if so who does this, where are they and how much!! Im in Norfolk area and im a noob member, any help you can offer would be much appreciated:smthumbup

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I had BBS CH 19s on my Evo 8, and they were fitted with vari nuts / wobble nuts.

Had zero problems with mine, it even went on track with them once when I went on an unplanned track day, and surprisingly enough the wheels never fell off :crackup:

Also a lot of eneducated comments that the car will never handle right on 19s, absolute garbage :rolleyes:

I loved mine, and would have another set in a heartbeat, but they don't really suit my latest car.

Pic of my old one:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, Ive only just read your reply. Ive since fitted some 'vari' nuts, however latest issue appears to be the lack of purchase the nuts are getting on the hub thread (There's very little protruding through the wheel???) Did you have this issue? I appear to have the correct ET, im unsure whether this is due to the previous owner fitting drilled/vented discs which could be wider at the hub therefore reducing avaliable thread?? Im only able to get 4 complete turns from the wheel nuts before they're tight which sounds alarming!!! Options appear to be limited now.....any sensible suggestions would be welcome , cheers

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
No problems at all on my car, and I'm sure I got more than 4 turns on the nuts.

If you're concerned, then just get some longer wheel studs banged into the hubs for peace of mind :smthumbup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts