Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after getting leaflet in last wastegate chatter i thought i would purchase one of the new exide batteries. get the 900 deep cycle model and give the battery to the garage over the road and they say it doesnt fit and to make it fit new brackets and some cutting away will be needed. anyone else got one of these batteries fitted? if so how?
anyway cheers in advance
GARY

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wud have 2 c the dimensions of the battery , but I wud suggest that instead of cutting the battery tray etc (urrgghhh !!) which is not a good idea , u cud fit a battery relocation kit which transposes the positions of the air filter and battery. I am pretty sure that wud accomadate the larger battery.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do they mean cutting away of the terminals and fitment of new brackets for the modified terminals?

What exactly are they after cutting?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not do what I did and fit a nice cheap alternative battery.....

After my last battery killed a cell, a quick trip to Kwik Fit to find a replacement resulted in turning up the fact that a standard Nissan Micra http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > battery is the same size and produces the goods. Has been in for about 2 months now with no problems whatsoever and even comes with a 4 year guarantee. And the price for all this............. £34. An absolute bargain if you ask me.

Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts