Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i can buy a battery for my evo 6, the same as the one currently fitted, which is a small one with very small terminals.
The make of my current battery is a Fulmen, which I or anyone else seems to have heard of ?
At the moment I have to charge my battery every other day so times running out !!
Pleae help as quick as possible

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Chris, I recently had problems with my battery and even had to jump start the car outside the local chippy.

I was advised by some MLR members to fit the following:

Halfords HB054 £42.99 with three year guarantee.

This is a direct replacement and fits into the battery tray without any problems. The battery also has a higher crank voltage than the original and thus should benefit starting. I have the HKS racing induction kit installed which just about left above room for the battery.

I hope this is of some use.

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's what I found out from other members and from a bit of research down at Halfords (from a previous thread):

Lucas Supreme Part Number 054/4
(CCA 335)
This is the same physical size as the OE battery (thats the larger Cold Climate version). The terminals are the correct size and the bracket also fits OK around the slightly raised individual filler caps. Comes with a 4 year warranty.
Price from PDE(Farnham) £31.77 inc of VAT

Halfords Part Number HB054
(CCA 335)
This is a direct replacement for the OE item. The terminals are the right way around and the correct size and the bracket also fits OK as the fillers are flush with the top of the battery. Comes with a 3 year warranty.
Price from Halfords (Farnham) £44.99 inc of VAT

Halfords Part Number HB053
(CCA 380)
This is basically the same as the HB054 however the terminals are bigger and may require different terminations. I am mentioning this one because it is a more powerful battery at CCA of 380 if you want to fiddle with the terminations. Comes with a 3 year warranty.
Price from Halfords (Farnham) £44.99 inc of VAT

I got the Lucas item, not only was it cheaper than the Halfords one but had a longer warranty. It should be available from any Lucas stockist.

By the way if you are desperate to find out some info off of here then try the search option. It may save you a bit of waiting about!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts