Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4awg cable that i previously had installed for the ICE install still inplace from the engine bay to the boot.

Is this cable sufficient enough to use to mount the battery in the boot ?, assume i can use the negative as well which currently goes under the seat like most. ?

:smthumbup

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bttt

·
Registered
11,986 Posts
need 2awg or 35mm.
but just try it temporary. the only thing it will effect is cranking. turbo cars are easier on cranking amps as compression is lower than n/a cars. if your car generally starts instantly it might be ok

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, i'll get some cable in that case then tape the 2 ends and pull it though, was just trying to avoid taking the seat out and lifting carpet again.

Any suggestions on fuses and distribution blocks in the engine bay ?

I assume the earth in the enginebay can be removed ?

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thankyou :)

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
+1

that where i got what I needed, DEFINATELY use a fuse near the battery just in case you get a short somewhere- theres a lot of cable being layed along the cars length.

you can just earth the battery on your boot floor, i've done this and the car starts easily with no probs at all.

I used 25mm welding cable for my relocation, got it from a local welding supplies company.

cheers

Andy

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Welding cable is deffo the best stuff to use, il be changing mine to this type cable very soon. A friend has just had his battery relocated on his RX7 and his car didnt miss a beat unlike mine which has had quite a few issues since shifting the battery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts