Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to start the car on Sunday morning - flat battery, so jump started it and took it on a run, about 35 miles.

Monday car started ok

This morning - flat battery again.

Had this problem once about 6mths ago but been ok up until now.

I only use the car during the week, to/from work so only do 60ish miles as I'm only 5 miles from home. I don't tend to use the car at the weekends as it goes in the garage as soon as I get home home on Friday then doesn't come out again until Monday morning.

I think that over the period of time the battery has just run out of juice and it doesn't go on any long runs :confused:

This is the first problem I've had with the car.

It looks like the original battery (imported last June) so should I just get it replaced?

Does it matter who I get the battery from as I take it all batteries from whoever are the same - Mitsi dealer, Halfords, local garage or should I stick to a Mitsi dealer?

Any info appreciated

Cheers

Graham

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
graham
sound like the cells are knackered....
get a heavy duty/sealed long-life battery to fit a Micra(bubble shape)e.g. from Halfords
...approx same size as the one in the Evo and cheap...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Varta have just brought out a new one especially suitable for EVO's.Check it out on their web-site,it retails for about £130 i think.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
£130 for a battery :eek: :eek:

Thanks XLR8 I'll think I'll go with your option.

When I ring up the Nissan dealer to check if they have one in stock should I say its for an old model or new model or does it really matter?

·
Premium Member
22,006 Posts
GrahamH said:
£130 for a battery :eek: :eek:

Thanks XLR8 I'll think I'll go with your option.

When I ring up the Nissan dealer to check if they have one in stock should I say its for an old model or new model or does it really matter?
For the Nissan battery I would go to Halfords or have a look at this thread

clicky

Stu

·
Registered
235 Posts
The Halfords Heavy-Duty Micra battery is working nicely for me. Little bit of a squeeze into the battery relocation tray, but can be persuaded in!

Think it was about £40 and has a nice guarentee.

:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts