Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to move battery to boot and move fusebox to glove box,take it i need to do the following...
Run a positive cable to boot and joint to existing loom pos.(using heavy duty battery cable from demon tweeks)
pick up an earthing point in boot.
find or driill and gromit a hole through bulkhead for bat pos cable and fuse box wires(possibly behind glove box?)
splice into fuse box loom and extend wire for wire through bulkhead hole.
soldering and heatshrinking joints or using a multi connector,covering extended loom in plastic loom protector.

Other option is a battery isolation switch ,but may effect alarm unless i run a perminant feed seperately for the alarm.
Havent even looked in engine bay yet ,so any opinions help would be appreciated .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bugsy,

Battery I can see why your moving to aid weight distribution, but why move the fusebox so far? why not fit somewhere else under the bonnet?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oli goon,
Fuse box needs to be moved to accomadate groupa airbox which goes right up to suspension turret,only feasable place is the on the bulkhead to the right of the ralliart speedo converter but if extending ,another couple of inches to the inside of the glove box isnt gonna do any harm.with regard to weight distribution surely if the battery is left on the riight hand side its better for distribution ,as there is extra weight on the left ie of the driver ,suppose it depends whether you have set your supension using corner weights,to accomodate drivers weight etc

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bugsy, I moved the fusebox under the wing, at the front. Less distance, and much easier. Also have a battery cut out - the alarm isn't a problem as they are battery backed up, and the cut out is a) there for an emergency, and b) makes the relocation a little easier.

My battery is on the right, cos I have a chuffin big water tank on the left for the water injection!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am think of doing a similar thing with my 1800 RS, but move the battery to the postion between the wheel arch and the engine, basically swap the air fitler (HKS Super racing) around. Think getting a straight bit of pipeing is the easily part, problem comes with air flowmeter. Going to move it foward but loom isnt long enough, could I just lengthen the wires by cutting them and intoducing new wires connected by plastic clips (known what I mean) or make an extending loom using male and female connecters.
has anyone done this
Cheers
Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts