Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My E1 battery isn't going to see out this winter so I need some info for replacing it.

The battery that's installed doesn't have the current rating on it anywhere and is the standard tiny Jap one.

I know Chunky has upgraded the one on his GSR - if you're reading this which one have you fitted and how long is it?

My car has a headlight controller mounted next to the battery so I only have a length of 220mm and width of 150mm to install a larger battery.

Any help appreciated - it's only days before it dies :(

Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Surely its gonna be easier just to measure how much space you have,(can you relocate anything to aquire more space if need be??), take those dimensions to your local car accessory shop, along with the size of the posts, and simply ask for the highest quality/rated battery they have?

(Telling them what car its for but that in simple terms your upgrading so you need something big enough for a 2lt. car)

Thats all i`d do :)

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I replaced mine at Halfords or Charlie Browns (forget which) I just bought one from the book for the Evo 6.
Fitted fine.

Its a tiny little thing though.

TonyC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help everyone :)

Went into Halfords - the HB 154 is the same as the existing tiny Jap battery (200mm long) but they do a HB 054 which is longer at 235mm and has a much better CCA rating. I've relocated my dipped beam controller so it's underneath the BOV and fitted the HB 054. Reading the other thread for batteries (E6) this is a common replacement for them too.

Not sure why but they gave me a 4 year warranty rather than the normal 3 :)

Cheers,

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts