Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been told that after mods, disconnect the battery to reset the ECU, thus upon re-connection it can 're-learn' the new parameters.

Is this true? If so, how long will it take for the ECU to 'forget', i.e length of disconnection time. Also, how long will it take to re-learn?

Thanx,

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pondy,

According to the manual ,just disconnect for about 10 seconds,re connect and leave the car at idle for 5 or so minutes,probobly resets ayc as well .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did mine early today as it happens, just remember that the bloody alarm is loud, actually hurt my ears ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You don't mention the exact modifications that have been carried out. It is true to say on the standard car that the Engine ECU has a long term memory and adapts and learns to a certain extent in terms of driving style, fuel octane rating etc. I'm not sure that it has the capacity to learn and adapt to other tuning devices ie, fuel and amp; boost piggy-back units due to compatability. Disconnecting the battery will also erase any diagnostic fault codes stored in the vehicles various ECUs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts