Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to remember a while ago, reading that the small battery on the Evo 6 could cause problems in the cold weather with the car not starting due to the weather affecting the batteries power. Has anyone experienced this. Is it a big problem? If so what is the cure?

I've also noticed that with my headlamps on main beam during normal driving, there is an intermittent dipping of the beam, only for a flicker. Is this normal or should I stop drinking as much coffee??

Any pointers would be appreciated...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Intermittent flickering of the lights - probably your Aircon kicking in? Mine does it all the time.

Only car i've ever noticed it on - crap electrics!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi All,

One thing I do know about the evo's (I am on my 2nd VI) is that the electrics are pants. The light flickering is totally normal.
Cem

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny you mention this, Saturday morning I went to start my motor and.......well, nothing. I'd even given it a proper outing the night before.

One jump start later and I've stopped leaving the heated rear screen on all the time (!) and the battery light is now beaming back at me when I go to start it, it had been getting rather weak. This battery is about 18 months old.

Yes the battery is kinda small, and I've noticed that the lights do dim when idling. Also Cat 1 alarms can drain quite a bit of juice and I'd expect to havce to jump start the car if it had been lying for 4-5 days anyway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the same problem with the small battery and got the solution here on this forum.

T8KY0 came up with the replacement battery (see his post)

Halfords do a larger battery, that fits straight in. The battery is both physically larger and more powerful. HB054 I think it is.
Since I have had this battery fitted I have had no problems with the car being left standing for up to 4 weeks. I have a Laserline alarm/immobiliser fitted.

I've fitted this battery and it fits into the existing tray using the existing fittings. I've not had any problems since.

Rgds

Naunt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have also noticed that, the lights will dim slightly when I turn on the air-con. I think is quite normal given such a small battery and I can live with that. Dennis the Menace

1 - 6 of 6 Posts