Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off to birmingham NEC in a couple of weeks to watch a kickboxing match.
Can anyone reccomend anywhere to go afterwards?
And a cheap b&b nearby?

thanks andy

·
Registered
609 Posts
they are a few places to go.

Closest will be the Little Owl, nice place, tad expensive but has a quaility tint to it. Its next to an express hotel, here the link.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/925/en/hr/bhxec

Another one is the Malt Shovel, Stonebridge roundable/A45, thats a Toby place, again nice, reasonable prices. Plus they have Coor lager!!! :D ( last time i was there last week!!! had 5 pints in one hour!! oh that stuff is good and smooth!!)

The Clock on the A45, about 1.5 miles further up the A45 towards birmingham. Its probably closer to the NEC than the Malt Shovel. This is good for food, nothing fancy but good and cheap. Only ever had one bad meal in years. The beer aint great...stella and Carlsberg Export abit flat and liveless. Its got pool table and big telly.

The Hilton, Metropole Hotel in the NEC is nice, but you pay for it.

Those are the closest to the NEC. Abit further a field you have Coleshill it has a few pubs (with out counting aleast 5, all do food) and busy on a Fri/sat nite.

Dont think there is anything in the way of clubs, the closest would be Solihull or birmingham for that.

B and B`s there are two that i pass on the way to work, which are only a few minutes from the NEC, but these are not really within walking distances to the places above.

If you need anymore help let me know.

russ

·
Registered
881 Posts
andy_uk75 said:
Off to birmingham NEC in a couple of weeks to watch a kickboxing match.
Can anyone reccomend anywhere to go afterwards?
And a cheap b&b nearby?

thanks andy
which event is this, if at nec must be good event which orginistion running this event-pm me details like to come to this event.
Best bet is to stay in brum itself-train goes from new st to nec-then you can go to many great bars & clubs in town, have lots of contacts in town, depends what sort of night you.re looking for :D !
Jase!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Legs Eleven! WoooHoooo, havent been there myself yet, but theres a canny chinese restarant nearby, plus some other seedy clubs ;) or so ive been told :secret:

·
Registered
609 Posts
P11GT said:
Legs Eleven! WoooHoooo, havent been there myself yet, but theres a canny chinese restarant nearby, plus some other seedy clubs ;) or so ive been told :secret:
yes can recommend the place!! had first hand experience!!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
P11GT said:
Legs eleven is good, I went there on a mate's stag do. We slipped the girls a few quid, and they dragged the groom-to-be up on stage and got the squirty cream on him... :crackup:
I spent a lot in there though, so make sure you're wedged up... ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts