Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so do you think they can upgrade the TD05 on the evo 7. can you tell me again why it is so difficult to uprade these reverse spin turbo again please :) ? what will happen if you change the compressor with a different one that spins on the opposite direction? or is it just a case of no parts available for it.

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A ball bearing turbo will be more responsive than a conventional bronze journal bearing type due to decreased shaft friction.

From the info on their website they should be able to modify any evo turbo.

The reverse spin td05hr (r for reverse) turbos fitted from evo 4 onwards do not AFAIK have any available compressor wheel upgrades. Only the 15gk2 (TME GSR) and 16g6 wheels and housings are availble.

The 'normal' spinning evo 1,2,3 td05's can be upgraded with larger compressor wheels such as the 20g to give greater air flow (hp) capacity.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sam,
And if you change just the compressor with one that spins in the opposite direction, you won't get much boost as the turbine wheel (still spinning in the correct reversed direction) will turn the compressor the wrong way!!!!

You can change the whole turbo for a standard direction one and the only changes required would be the plumbing of inlet and outlet.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi just spoke to the guys at essex turbo

they claim the full boost will arrive at 1800-2000rpm? is that possible how about surging. i was worried that getting full boost 19spi by 3000rpm was marginal.

they also said that MHI are very reluctant to give away any compressor maps, how can we tell.

more research is needed.

the reason i watned to keep the same turbo housing was to have almost a stealth mod ;)
may not be possible though

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sam,
Did they claim that they would set it up so that full boost was available at 2,000rpm or did they mean that you would have full boost available from 2,000 rpm should you want to use it? I thought that all they would do would be to change the turbo to a ball bearing type and not alter your boost controller settings.....

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sam, having mapped out the standard turbo its scary how close to the surge line things get. Early high boost may well cause surge. I've never heard a turbo surge but on a big compressor its obvious due to the noise so you should be able to hear it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
andy
all they said that they will replace the turbo bearing allowing it to spool up that much quicker. then they said that dragon motor sports can get the full boost, just over tick over with out anti lag. ??

i know the turbo will spool up quicker but won't that be too quick ( surge). maybe i should speak to dragon and see what they say. but if it is true it will fantastic, coming out of a hairpin in second gear 2000rpm and you are on 1.4 bar sounds awesome, but doubtful.

oli
when i mapped my scoob for a VF23 turbo i used to hear it surge on lift off and sometime even on the intial throttle application. it is like high pitch whistling noise form the turbo area. it never did it all the time and the never really caused any problems.

sam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.