Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys.

I have a lancer evo 8, with a build engine, k1 crankshaft k1 rods and je pistons
at the moment without balance shafts, but I want the balance shafts back, because the engine run with balance shaft much smoother.

now is the question, is there a problem to run the balance shafts with the aftermarket parts in the engine? maybe because the parts are other weights as original.

another question, the bearings of the balance shaft replace for new bearing, is this a touch job?

Thanks already.

·
BAD BISH
762 Posts
You cant really notice the difference with and without balance shaft.
I run my built engine without balance shaft and cant notice any difference.

Maybe the crank with rods & pistons have not been properly balanced?

·
Registered
226 Posts
It's not likely that you can feel a difference with and without balance shafts unless you have harder than stock mounts or possibly broken engine mounts.

It is possible to buy new balance shaft bearings. However you will need special tools to install them. Banging/hitting them as is done during balance shaft elimination will damage them.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have harder engine mounts, the engine is balanced by a big engine builder, I don't no if its done properly, I cant check that of course,

the problem is, from 4000 rpm I "feel" the engine, not to bad, but I,m a perfectionist when is on vibration.

but, maybe I look at the engine mounts and put the original ones back.

but also I ask myself, Mitsubishi are well knowing engine builders, when everybody says you don't feel difference, why put Mitsubishi balance shaft in their engines, also its told me that its only for the comfort.

(sorry for the poor English)

·
Registered
226 Posts
The harder engine mounts must be the problem.

The balance shaft is to reduce vibration in the occupant cabin. The 4G63 is used in many cars, including N/A ones where buyers probably expect less vibration and noise as compared to the average Evo owner.

·
Transmission Dynamics
7,801 Posts
Balancer shafts are for engine external balance and so for in car comfort NVH only.

All in-line 4 cylinder engines have inherent external inbalance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts