Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I've just fitted a Bailey Piston Dump Valve to my E6 RS2, nice it is to :D:D

The thing is in the fitting instructions it states that the vacuum pipe feeding the valve from the inlet plenum via two rubber hoses and a metal pipe are to be bypassed with the vacuum hose supplied.

Now for one I can't get the vacuum pipe off the inlet plenum, don't want to cut it off just yet.
And two, the vacuum hose fitting on the inlet plenum feels way too big for the new vacuum hose to fit over.

So i have attached the new vacuum hose to the same place the original vacuum hose was connected, what this is all leading to is will this affect the dump valve, went for a test drive and it appears to be working correctly. The new vacuum hose is a bit long at the moment because I don't want to cut it to length if its no good.

Anybody else got one fitted and had this problem? If it is a problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I used a Forge VTA and simply removed the old unit along with the vac pipe to the plenum chamber and used the new pipe in its place. Simple enough...even for me. I take it a Bailey valve will be no different. As long as you have the orientation of the valve correct and it vents when you lift off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply,

I have left it as it is utilising the existing vacuum pipe system. I had a good look at the Forge Motorsport EVO on the DUKE Lancer EVO video and they have connected it up the same way I did so happier now.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts