Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on at the moment with the MLR. Over the last month or two there has been a number of derogatory threads regarding a number of issues with various members - is there something poisoning peoples water or oxygen at the moment. Thought this was a car forum not somewhere to have slanging matches with each other. Where all here because of the Mitsubishi Evolution and our love for Evo's I to X.

The knowledge, advice and help given and received on the MLR is second to none and as such it needs to stay that way. So please lets not go the way of the majority of all the other car forums or we are in real danger of imploding and loosing are true identity.

I love this place since buying my Evo two years ago and go online every day just to get my fix of the MLR.

So come on guy's lets behave in a mature, honest and respectable manner to each other and enjoy the highs and sometimes lows of Evo ownership without all the 6ull5hit we see at the moment.

:kiss:

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
It's January. Seems to be a good month for bitching probably due to the fact of poor weather and just after the festivities. Nothing better to do and all that I guess.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Everyday I come on here sometimes twice a day and click the "view new posts" tab. I don't see any of these bad threads? Perhaps it has something to do with looking for things that interest me and not to just troll about. ironically I stabled across two threads that have been shut down and let me to here. I have to say these have been the first ones I've seen on here, Perhaps I have seen some in the past but it hasn't stuck in my mind for too long.

Its simple in my eyes, its an open, public forum where people come for info and views on related topics and sometimes to let off steam or to voice an opinion. At the end of the day there are rules that only admin and mods can go by and do their best to close them down before things get out of hand. But as soon as its been entered on the public forum and read. Then the damage has already been done. Its up to people to either get on with their lives and let it roll over them, or to stick up and ultimately then let admin shut down the thread. There is no easy solution here and I could be completely off the mark with regarding your OP. But hay, I happen to be online on a public open forum and leaving my opinion.

Its inevitable that from time to time people are going to say things and rub others up the wrong way but please try and remember this forum is about cars.

Still love the forum though :)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
My 2c...

Some people think they can behave this way because
a) they got the most posts
b) they got the best rolling road
c) they once drank a beer with another member
d) they are full of themselves
e) they are running the highest boost pressure

Who cares; we're all mortal and no zillion bitching-threads makes you better than others.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I don't know why you guys joined this forum but i joined to be with fellow evo enthusiasts and discuss the highs and lows of this great car and to share our trials and tribulations with this car. Let us put all this race, religion and colour crap aside and accept everyone as fellow Evo passionates. Live and let live bros!! :smthumbup

Dave

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
I think you evo owners are all full of self importance :eek::crackup::crackup::crackup:
Hey Julie, shall we start the 'this forum isn't as good as it used to be' argument as well, just to put another cat amongst the pigeons? :mhihi:

The nature of internet forums is that because it's contributors are sat at home behind a keyboard, they'll say things to other members that they'd never say to their face at a meet or down the pub. I can always remember someone having a right go at Y2KFireblade then backing down pronto when they found out he was a cage fighter :D One of the nicest guys around but I wouldn't have called his pint a poof ;) The key with any 'trolls' is to ignore them - if no one bites they soon get bored and go elsewhere. Shame the same can't be said for crashing bores :angel:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts