Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there suffer with poor radio
reception from the rear screen glass
antennas ?

I think my screen amplifier could be goosed but a mate of mine has a simlar problem on his E5....(mines an E4)??

Are both of us unlucky or is the glass antenna tuned for Jap frequencies ?

Thanks

Jonathan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I always thought that the glass aerial was only for AM frequencies.

My GSR has both a filament aerial and electric one mounted in the boot and this was what I was told when I bought the car. Dunno how true it is though...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Although the aerial is incorporated in the rear windscreen there is also an aerial amplifier mounted in the rear pillar on an EVO VI not sure about others. When connecting up the aerial you must also supply 12 volts to the aerial amplifier or the reception is appalling, its the Blue and Black wire on a VI in the radio connector. With it connected up properly I thought the reception was quite good. Its not a tuned aerial just a broadband pickup working from MW to VHF bands.
The Workshop manual does not explain that the aerial amplifier needs 12 volts to work. Page C87 in the EVO VI Workshop manual

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I found the amplifier on the rear pillar
and tested that there was continuity before and after it on the arial coax. I also checked that it was being supplied with 12Volts.....And It is ?

Hmmmm......Must be broke
(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Evo 6 has an antenna on the driver's side above the door. The reception sucks! Anybody had this problem and solved it?

Thanx in advance,

Claudius

1 - 5 of 5 Posts