Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 6 developed a bad miss today , 3000 rpm on and of all the way through the rev range it was back firing :eek: , first thing was the plugs, it had ngk bkr8eix which were changed a year ago and about 6000miles , anyway i put a set of ngk br8eix as recommended on here good lads:smthumbup and the miss is gone:thumbup:,the new plus are the same heat range but look completely different , ? were the bkr8eix the right plugs for the car , :confused:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i did mate the old plugs were very thin compared to the new ones , needed a 21mm socket for the new ones :confused:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i agree with you mate , but there is a difference in the price so im taking it there must be a difference in the plug , the new plus look a lot thicker and the tops are different , god knows maybe a tuner will let us know the difference in the two plugs if any , main thing is the miss is gone happy days :D

·
Premium Member
22,084 Posts
i agree with you mate , but there is a difference in the price so im taking it there must be a difference in the plug , the new plus look a lot thicker and the tops are different , god knows maybe a tuner will let us know the difference in the two plugs if any , main thing is the miss is gone happy days :D
the price could simply be down to the volumes they sell, i know the BR8EIX are commonly used on bikes and other cars, so maybe they are cheaper as they sell a lot more

as for the tops being different, have you got a pic, out of curiosity

Stu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts