Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1999 Evo V1 GSR which has covered 42 thousand miles and been regularly serviced every 6 thousand miles .
Lately I've been having problems with the AYC warning light coming on usually after about 20 mins driving when I stop the car then restart it again.
I took the car to a local dealer who ran the MUT-II and they diagnosed a problem with the AYC pump and suggested that the problem was probably an air lock in the system.
I took the car in a few days later and they bleed the system through using the MUT-II.
On picking up the car I was told there was also a problem with the throttle position sensor for which I would have to take the car back again.
The car was then OK for 36 hours until the AYC light came on again.
I have checked all the wiring connections from the battery (disconnected and then reconnected), all multi plugs, pump connections, wheel sensors, AYC ECU connections and G meters but the light still comes on although the car seems to drive normally.
I’ve heard that there could be a problem with the AYC ECU that displays a fault code for the Throttle Position Sensor and amp; AYC?
Has anybody had any dealings with this type of problem as I am becoming increasingly concerned.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If the brake light switch has a fault or both brake light filaments are blown you will get the AYC light come on after 15 minutes of ignition on. If you turn the ignition off and on again the light will extinguish and then come on again after another 15 minutes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
David
I have seen the Tps fault in the Ayc but it has never put the light on,also if there is know Tps fault in the Mpi i would forget about the Tps and look els where.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 99 GSR6 with 15k miles also lights its AYC warning light after about 20 minutes driving. Its been serviced every 6 months at Mitsi main dealers. The AYC still seems to work OK. I'll be taking the car in soon to see if they can sort it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like a job for Ralliart, I should be passing their front door on Monday afternoon.
Worth asking?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts