Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Came home today to find a small pudlle under the drivers side rear of the car. First thoughts were oh no some bast**d has cut my fuel line. But on closer inspection it wasn't fuel. Then I thought it was brake fluid.
Openned the boot and inspected only to find a small resivoir behind the liner. Is that the AYC fluid? And if it is why is it leaking out of the top of the bottle? It has been hot here today could that have caused it ? I have never noticed this before.. Anyone else had this?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Why is it leaking out of the top? lol lol, oh dear, lol. Yes that is the ayc reservoir but i dont know why yours is leaking! Can anyone help this man.....?

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Has it been in for a service recently ?

I would suggest its been overfilled and since oil expands when hot this would cause it to pump out the excess , I have had this happen at 2 trackdays now each time after having it serviced.

Once it found the correct level its not done it again even on trackdays , until Mill Lane over filled it again!!!!

Hope this helps :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks , no that's the strange thing. Had the car 8 months and it's just happened. Maybe overfilled at last service with previous owner, and this is the first really hot day we have had. Hmmm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts