Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been advised that my evo V requires the above parts changing due to the squarking noise it makes, has anyone got these parts for sale, or can point me in the direction where I may get them obviously the newer the better.

thanks

seve

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Try changing all the fluids - if you get **** between the clutch plates in the AYC, it will sqwak.

If the pumps f*ckered then the AYC light will come on. If the diffs f*eckered it will make horrible noises all the time.

I got a 2nd hand 6 diff for £390 from Les

Cheers :)

·
Registered
639 Posts
:eek: who told you that.

Looking at a few grand there buying new.

Just a thought have you spoken to Alyn at AS performance i,m sure he can source them if needed.

Also a second opinion would,nt go a miss.......Best of luck anyway.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys

Thanks for replies, just to give a little more info

I have had the ayc fluids changed twice, the squarking still persists and is getting worse, originally it only happened going round tightish right hand bends/corners, now it happens on most bends/corners. the ayc warning light however does not come on. I was told by a dealer in the N.E that I would need a new pump and diff and even then was not 100% sure it would cure it. I did mention the pressure switch which apparently is to blame for a number of this type of problem, however the guy dismissed that as the cause.

seve

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
You might have worn out the clutch plates, which I think are replaceable, but you can probs get a 2nd hand diff cheaper? Like red baron says, maybe 2nd opinion time?

Good luck and mind and tell us what it was when you sort it!

Cheers :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts