Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to bleed the pump which operates the clutches. My whole rear was removed.
I have done as the Evo 4/5 manual describes - operate steering, (in gear driving as well), open bleed nipples, etc. I still get air coming out though.
Is there a way to properly bleed it, WITHOUT an MUT-II ???

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
There is no way to bleed the AYC system on an EVO without the MUT 2. The reason for this is that the method descibed in the E4/5 manual just doesn't operate the AYC pump enough.

The MUT makes the pump operate fully when the steering wheel is turned and the car is in the air. I think the reason why the pump is not fully activated with out the MUT is because the G force sensors don't detect any G's. As a result, the AYC is barely activated at all and needs a command from the MUT to help it out .

Jonathan

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I may have solved the problem.

Unbolt the sensors from in front of the handbrake and move them about (simulates about 10G's !) whilst running the car and turning the wheel. It seemed to bleed OK and diff sounds OK on a test drive.

Waddya reckon mate !

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds like it might well be a good Idea......

The only way of really testing if this process works is to strap it onto a MUT2 and
see if the MUT can get any more air out.

If not then you've cracked it !!!!

My diff seemed OK and was quiet but when the MUT was attached there was still air in the system.

Jonathan

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
An independant garage told me that they thought the MUT was only used to turn electrical relays on during the bleeding process. The garage wanted to try this on a 'donor' car to see if their thinking was correct and thus allow them to offer AYC changes without the MUT. I have to say this makes sense to me, but not enough to lend them my car!! I like Bruce's idea too, but seems like a lot of agro if all we need to do is turn a relay (or two) on.
Howard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts