Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help...help...I think I have an AYC crisis, my E4 makes a grinding type noise when cornering, mainly right turns.
I have spoken to ralliart, and checked out some of the other postings on the LTR and it would seem my AYC is screwed...this is gonna hurt!!!
AYC fluid has been changed at the correct intervals and (after checking with CCC) the car is recall free.
Can anybody suggest some economic remedies, I am quite prepared to strip down the diff,but I have no diagrams to work from yet(anyone have any). Also what about this bleeding the AYC without the MUT hows that done??
I don't really want to weigh out for a new diff, as I am right out of cash.
Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated, I am really worried about this!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Evoviz,
See thread under ' General discussion ' named is this the AYC problem
or something else posted by Bloodaxe. There are discussions there on how to
disconnect your AYC, to stop your clutch plates frying.
-Good Luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Evovis.

I had experienced this before on my EVO 4,it turned out that the AYC iol had not been changed.It sounded like a rubbing noise as if rubber on wheel arch only on right lock.
The oil was changed and the system bled properly and it went away and since then never heard it since.Alot of E4s I feel when imported first ,no one had a clue about them ,inc servicing,so I feel that the Ayc oil change never realy got pushed home as it does today.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank's guy's I will follow this info up.
I would still like to know if the AYC diff is repairable though.Replacing the diff with an aftermarket LSD is just not possible at the moment,and I also think with my driving ability at or near the limit I would be better of with the AYC otherwise I will be taking my car home in a carrier bag!!....Not fun!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts