Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,i've got a problem with the AYC on my EVO 6,the light goes through the test procedure then when i drive off the light comes on,it seems to stay off as long as i don't turn any corners!

I've spoken to a couple of people,there seems to be a couple off possible causes that have been suggested!

One is the switch on the steering wheel(2-3 weeks from Japan),the other is the pressure switch on the pump(part of the pump unit £2000 from Mitsubishi)!

So can anybody help,firstly with suppling the switch by the steering wheel or suppling the pressure switch separatly!
I've also been told about a modified pressure switch that can be adjusted manually,can anybody supply this item?

Please help!! :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dave,i'm not on the site very much,so could you point me in the right direction to contact said people!
Have you got phone numbers please,or where do i look for them?

Thank you!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I made be wrong cos I havent read it too well but is this any help to you?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10400&item=4542479056&rd=1

Personally I wouldnt give the guy the time of day as he claims he's only selling them to recoup his outlay but thats obviously total b0110x as he could have done the £1800 job cheaper. His postage costs are another blatant rip off and he charges extra for paypal which is against ebay rules and if reported his ad would be removed, but....

if it saves you a few quid.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Daz_213 said:
I made be wrong cos I havent read it too well but is this any help to you?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10400&item=4542479056&rd=1

Personally I wouldnt give the guy the time of day as he claims he's only selling them to recoup his outlay but thats obviously total b0110x as he could have done the £1800 job cheaper. His postage costs are another blatant rip off and he charges extra for paypal which is against ebay rules and if reported his ad would be removed, but....

if it saves you a few quid.
This is actually the item supplied by rogerrally, I bought one from him a couple of weeks ago, great guy to do business with in my opinion,

try pm'ing him, he's very helpful :p

·
Registered
224 Posts
RONIN said:
This is actually the item supplied by rogerrally, I bought one from him a couple of weeks ago, great guy to do business with in my opinion,

try pm'ing him, he's very helpful :p
Well I'm sorry but his advert is about as patronising as it gets. Claiming to only be recouping his outlay, am I supposed to believe he couldn't afford £1800 for the full repair so instead he developed a valve at a cost of in excess of £2500? (thats the minimum hes going to make on his claimed '20 valves' available). Extortionate p&p and the old illegal 'paypal ripoff'. I'm sure he is a very nice guy and the product sounds excellent but theres no need for all that flannel.

PS: I keep using your car pics when trying to decide whether or not to get a set of those wheels :p

They look wider than the standard VI wheels, are they actually wider or is it an illusion because of the dust on the tyre faces?

Looks really meaty.

EDIT: Just realised, your car is lowered, maybe thats why they look wider?

·
Registered
279 Posts
pressure switch

Just received my new pressure switch off roger rally.

Completely chuffed with the service. :D

If the guy is making a small profit, then good for him. He is letting us have a part that mitsy do not stock. Unless you want to pay them in excess of £1700 for a new pump unit that is. :blah:

So, why not cut to the chase, and buy a switch? :confused:

Unless you like to pull your pants down and get spanked by main dealers :moon:

waggy

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry, but i haven't got a scanner!

I'm sure someone will be able to do it for you, failing that, why don't you ask Roger to send you some more instructions? He's been very helpful with me, i'm sure he'd help if you asked him.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The AYC system only speeds up, or slows down the right hand rear wheel, to match the speed of the left, where as the cusco diff will grip the two wheels together to give more impressive powerslides! LSD's are always a better option, unless its raining!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts