Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To try and keep the bills down I have been getting my servicing done from a friend (builds rally cars). After finding which type of oil goes where I was left wondering about the ayc, so I decide to take a visit to my friendly mitsubishi dealer . After a heated conversation with the parts fud at Invernessmitsy he tells me it is illegal to sell me a litre and refuses to tell which oil they actually use. I have now found out that it is a diaqueen atf-spIII but seemingly only mitsubishi supply it, I put in dextron 3 but I am getting a squak from the ayc and am looking to drop the oil asap. Does anyone out there know an alternative or where I could get some incidentlyfor me to just get an ayc oil change from invernss mitsubishi it would have cost me 2x hours at £65 plus £12.99 for the oil and then vat in top off that is anybody dearer???

·
Registered
228 Posts
dmoff said:
To try and keep the bills down I have been getting my servicing done from a friend (builds rally cars). After finding which type of oil goes where I was left wondering about the ayc, so I decide to take a visit to my friendly mitsubishi dealer . After a heated conversation with the parts fud at Invernessmitsy he tells me it is illegal to sell me a litre and refuses to tell which oil they actually use. I have now found out that it is a diaqueen atf-spIII but seemingly only mitsubishi supply it, I put in dextron 3 but I am getting a squak from the ayc and am looking to drop the oil asap. Does anyone out there know an alternative or where I could get some incidentlyfor me to just get an ayc oil change from invernss mitsubishi it would have cost me 2x hours at £65 plus £12.99 for the oil and then vat in top off that is anybody dearer???
Ive just had my ayc fluid changed from a mitsi dealer,had the squaking when cornering.......
Final bill came to 63.99 that was for everything.labour,oil,vat etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was told by my local Mitsubishi registered mechanic (I live in Japan, this workshop has 2 500hp EVO7s they race) that AYC oil does not need to be changed, really. He reckons that the life of your pump will rarely outlast the time you need to change the oil. He said that 95% of the time your AYC warning light comes on, the pump needs replacing. He was talking about EVO6+s........

·
MLR Oldie
14,973 Posts
dmoff said:
incidentlyfor me to just get an ayc oil change from invernss mitsubishi it would have cost me 2x hours at £65 plus £12.99 for the oil and then vat in top off that is anybody dearer???
Thats nonsense, it's a half hour job at the most. Had mine done recently at Western Mitsubishi in Perth and it cost about £60 in total. Took no more than half an hour. (I know this because I helped the Technician while he was doing it)

·
Registered
666 Posts
sukebe said:
He said that 95% of the time your AYC warning light comes on, the pump needs replacing. He was talking about EVO6+s........
I'm not doubting what he said - but there's been a lot of discussion on this forum regarding the AYC warning light. It seems that a lot of the time when the light comes on the pump is fine, but the pressure switch that activates it is broken. Replacing the pressure switch with an adjustable / uprated one is sometimes the cure although I don't think this is something that Mitsubishi service centres normally offer. If the AYC light comes on they'll just replace the whole shooting match.

Fine if you're a driver in the works rally team and get it all free, not so good if you're joe public who gets stung for £1500 or whatever for a new AYC pump + fitting! :eek:

....although I could be wrong :p

·
Registered
627 Posts
dmoff said:
...I have now found out that it is a diaqueen atf-spIII but seemingly only mitsubishi supply it, I put in dextron 3 but I am getting a squak from the ayc and am looking to drop the oil asap.
Hi,

The squaking isn't because of the oil used it's because the system needs to be bleed properly. To do this you need the proper mitsi diagnostic machine (MUTIII?) to open the ayc actuator thingees in correct sequence to remove the air. When mitsi did mine they actually drove it while activating the AYC to remove any air.

In my experience when it comes to AYC it seems best to leave it to mitsi :cry:

·
Vendor
2,841 Posts
If it's a Dexron II or Dexron III then there are many available and it's not an expensive oil.

If someone can get a technical data sheet off Mitsubishi (and it has to be available by law) then I can pass it to the gurus for matching. I wouldn't mind betting that it's nothing special!

Cheers
Simon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts