Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a quick one lads/lasses
i want to check/find out what the creeking noise is when i turn hard right. Thought i might remove the ayc fuse to try and eliminate...........Is there any problem with doing this and if worst comes to the worst leaving the fuse out perminantly?
cheers
benji

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
depends where the creaking noise is coming from
...are you sure it's from the rear i.e. the reason you want to disable the AYC ?

if it's a sort of squawking noise, you need to have the ayc fluid changed/system bled through
- when was this last done ?

·
Premium Member
3,644 Posts
The dreaded squaking!

Mine has just started doing this,the fluid was changed about 4000 miles ago.Surely it should have lasted longer than 4000 miles before needing changing.I am hoping that it just needs bled properly.Its booked in for next Monday,so we will see then.It will be just my luck for the diff to be buggered. :mad:

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Re: The dreaded squaking!

Christopher said:
Mine has just started doing this,the fluid was changed about 4000 miles ago.Surely it should have lasted longer than 4000 miles before needing changing.I am hoping that it just needs bled properly.Its booked in for next Monday,so we will see then.It will be just my luck for the diff to be buggered. :mad:
the AYC fluids (diffs + reservoir) need to be changed every 4500 mile service...so you're not far off that anyway
- it will need flushing thoroughly to get rid of all grit & deposits...which get caught in the clutch plates hence the squawking

- remember that the AYC is not just a straightforward diff but a complicated clutch-based/ powered /pump-system set-up which needs careful maintenance

·
Premium Member
3,644 Posts
Thanks for that Xlr8,thats one of the things I like about this site.Plenty knowlegable people,who are willing to share.I feel a bit better knowing that the squaking can be fixed with a fluid change(I hope!!) Cheers.Chris

·
Registered
639 Posts
Slightly off topic guys just had my AYC serviced today. I,ve noticed fluid on my drive and on closer inspection the pump is filled well above the max level literally at the top of the reservoir. Car drives fine

Is this normal due to the technician overfilling.

and by the way Benji sorry for thread hijack.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The AYC pump has a high pressure accumulator storage tank fitted, so the boot tank is a low pressure storage resevoir, with simple flow/ return characteristics.
its very easy to overfill, when topping up, but not a problem.

Benji's E6 is one of the nicest condition ive ever seen, by the way

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers Roger!
one more question though fellas.......
if it is simply down to fluid change, why does it only happen when cornering right?
benji

1 - 10 of 10 Posts