Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ayc fluid mixed in rear diff oil advice needed ?

Well that didnt last long after rebuilding my ayc pump due to failure it looks like it must be leaking ayc fluid into the rear diff oil overfilling it and leaking out of the overflow , i guess now its making decent pressure in the pump its showing the diff is worn internally
I noticed a few spots of oil on the back of the car and when i dropped the gear oil in the rear diff it looks like ayc fluid in there aswell
so ive been reading on here about the actuator in the diff are these parts available or am i just aswell looking for another rear diff ? :wallbang:
Pic of the mixed oil drained from the diff gear oil side

Attachments

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi m8 yes definatly the passenger side of the rear diff i drained out marked up gear oil
Drivers side rear diff is ayc clutch bath?
Marked ayc on the housing ,
Ayc fluid was coming out of the breather on the passenger side leaking everywhere
I removed this plug in the pic first marked gear oil to check the level and loads of ayc fluid come out

Attachments

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found that pic on the rossport website for rear diff lock actuator as i read on here that could be the fault lol god knows

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
you can replace that section if you can find it

just a caseof removing half shaft unbolt clutch pack and the actuator as one unit, then undo the 2 10mm bolts that hold that to the clutch pack

could be one of the large o rings thats gone that secures it, only way to tell is take it apart and look but means dropping the diff

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok well im going to remove the whole of the rear section so i can clean/ protect it all and fit new fuel pump and ralliart diff mounts so the diff is coming out anyway , i guess ive got nothing to lose in taking it to bits lol are these seals available if it is that ? Do you know of any diagrams for parts you mentioned removing ?

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
on lancer diagrams you cannt buy anything for the rear diff bar the fill and drain bungs,

ive just found that drawing and its a pajero which has a pump of some sort but doesnt show any clutch packs lol and is in an rs style casing so im confused as anything

but o ring is an o ring they are big ones but worth inspecting anyhow, still cheaper to buy another diff though lol, and get one from an 8 onwards

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yea i couldnt work it out either as every drawing doesnt make sense
i think ill pull it to bits and if im lucky its just an o ring
So an evo 8 onwards are the same ? Inc 10 or just 8 or 9 ? Are they better/stronger? And are they identified somehow so i know exactly what im buying ?
Gotta try explain that to the missus lol :wallbang:

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
well having a quick look,

the lancer actuator is partrof the main casing and clutch pack

the one above in diagram is for a pajero, which is in an rs style diff casing, so is built inside so not apart of the main casing like the lancer, looked at the pump and the pump is air not hydraulic and it looks like it just pressurises against one plate in the pajero diff, which is true as its just a diff lock i cant see how its for a lancer but i dont 100% know without seeing on, as the part number shows nothing when searching

evo 8 and 9 is what youw ant the 10 is different

and being an 8 or 9 you are more than likely to get one that has super ayc, different designed lsd unit inside, but all have larger pinion and crown i believe anyhow

easiest way to tell a later diff is by the breathers on the top

early cars have a small nipple type and a rectangle plastic block the later cars have 2 small nipple type breathers

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok that helps alot i know what u mean now about the breathers , alot ive seen are listed 7-9 . any ideas what i should be paying for one of these ? Theres a chap selling a 6 one on here for 280 my car is pretty standard just gotta work out what price wise lol

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok thats not too bad then seen some for 500plus :wallbang: ill keep looking about maybe put a ad in the wanted for one :smthumbup
Thanks for the advice m8 ill keep you posted once i strip it to see what i find lol
Shame im away for 2weeks now as just wanna get on with it lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts