Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I accelerate hard with my Evo6 I get fuelcuts.
The only modifications are: Ralliart replacement air-filter, Magnex downpipe, Magnex decat and Ralliart backbox.
The boost I have peaks at 1.3 bar and then drops to 1.2 and 1.1 (standard ecu) sometimes with, mostly without fuelcut.
When it's cold outside (like now) I sometimes notice 1.4 bar(!) just before the fuelcut.

I’ve done some research and there are (at least) 2 ways to solve this problem:

1. Apexi AVCR Boost Controller, Apexi AFC Fuel Controller, Walbro Uprated Fuel Pump, FSE Fuel Regulator, ARP Bolts (this can be done f.i. by RC Developments)
2. Power Engineering can provide a new (custom-spec) ECU for 900 GBP or can modify the ECU for 550 GBP

I don’t want the ralliart ecu because It seems that the Ralliart Ecu is retarding the ignition to much at higher revs.

If I lived in the UK I would probably go for the first, because here in the Netherlands there aren’t too much experienced EVO-tuners.
For me it’s more interesting to go to PowerEngineering and let them modify my Ecu in one day, and drive back fast with no worries.
But…I have no experience with PowerEngineering.
Does anyone here on the board?, has anyone had his ecu modified bij PE?
Please advise what’s the best option for me.

Jean-Pierre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What Octane rating is the fuel in Holland ?

Do you have 98 RON ?

If I were you then I would go for the add-on boxes as in 1.....Def RC

I would do this because I would have complete flexibility if I decided on further mods.

Also If any problems were encountered getting the correct grade fuel, then you could add a couple of percent to the fuel mix or lower the boost yourself as a quick fix to avoid damaging your pride and joy.

I have add on boxes on my Evo and I like the hands on aspect.

Jonathan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have 98Ron here.
Thanks for the advice, but I would like to hear from somebody if PowerEngineering does a good job too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.