Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the average price for a supply,fit/map of these buggers?
Need ALS, need it,need it.
not bought the car yet like, but I'm already planning. :)

·
Registered
956 Posts
I was inquiring myself about one of these. Mainley the autronics from my point of view and i was quoted £1495 +vat from mark at MA Developments which included the fitting of the replcment board and map if my memory serves me correct which is something i will be seriousley considering doing after i have fitted a few other parts im after.

Hope this is of some help :)

Chris

·
TOO many posts.......
17,132 Posts
Don`t quote me, but i think motec is 2kish, maybe more

I had Autronic fitted By [email protected] MA, fantastic job, fantastic improvement, mid-range torque is awesome now, and the Anti-lag ;) ;) :coolsm:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Staffi,

Thats really intresting as i was looking at going for a few mods before fitting this ecu to my TME. Is it worth waiting and doing all mods then having the ECU so it is mapped to the current car? or would the ECU learn if i did this first?

Cheers

Chris

·
TOO many posts.......
17,132 Posts
arnnie said:
Hi Staffi,

Thats really intresting as i was looking at going for a few mods before fitting this ecu to my TME. Is it worth waiting and doing all mods then having the ECU so it is mapped to the current car? or would the ECU learn if i did this first?

Cheers

Chris
Personally, i`d get all the mods you want doing, then the Autronic, Mark is VERY good i`d recommend him to anyone... ;)

What is it you`re going to be doing??

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have got quite a little list of bits really the main ones of which are:-

New larger front mount
induction kit
fuel pump (i understand is a must)
Boost controller (although unsure of which one to go for yet) been looking at the Gready B spec 2.

and that was about all apart from a new set of HT leads and spark plugs.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have the Autronic myself and find it great you wont be dissapointed. I think it was 1450 fitted but dont qoute me on that
I was getting prices for a Motec at the time of around 2200 :eek: i know the motec has more fetures but for a road car i dont think there needed.

ps antilag is great fun just the other night i got a nice 3 foot flame out the back ;)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Definatley convinced now then :) was very tempted before by the thought of the autronic ecu although hearing the positive feed back not only about Mark at MA but also the ecu this will definatley be on my shopping list very soon :D

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The Motec is expensive at £2250 but for me to say it is fantastic would be an understatement.

It is money well spent and the car is futureproofed as far as BHP is concerned.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
autronics at mad for me, great ecu for the money.......for me its perfect, als :cool: :cool: :cool: :D

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
you can be future proofed with an ecutek.

as nice as the autronic and motec are, they are not the be all and end all of ecus.

If you want true future proofing look at life racing or pectel.

The hardware is upgradable and can put the above mentioned ecus to shame, but the key thing is that both user interfaces were designed by mappers for mappers with feedback from mappers.

Everything you need is a key press away. Eg. the PID boost controllers have PID controllers that operate on their parameters. same goes for the waste gate duty cycle.

No other ecus in the price range you people are talking about will allow for such an accurate set up.

some tuners will discredit such ecus on this basis for being too complex, but the fact is you don't have to use these options. They are there if you need them and are struggling to get the car to be as good as it can be.

Thats why i advocate the ecutek.

All the standard functionality is there, perfect idle control and spark retard as well as fault diagnostic and obd2 output for live monitoring of data. There is a lot to be said for the standard ecus if people could get over the stigma of not spending circa 2k on something that their existing hardware can do very well already.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
staffi had both ecutek and autronics in one month ( money bags...lol ) and he found the autronics was a far better drive!!, whether thats due to fact thet the ecutek is done on the rollers and autronics is live mapped i dont know......good back to back test staffi made at his own expense ;)

·
TOO many posts.......
17,132 Posts
Very true Lee, i also found alot more mid-range torque with the Autronic ;) ;)

But atleast i was able to sell the original ecu and get my money back, so wasn`t that bad............... ;) ;)

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
only quoted you pete as i dont know anyone else who did what you did...............lee ;)

·
TOO many posts.......
17,132 Posts
lee Parker said:
only quoted you pete as i dont know anyone else who did what you did...............lee ;)
I`m daft that`s why Lee................. :crackup: :crackup:

Live & Learn and all that........ ;)

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have got a quick question about the ALS... Is it a switchable function? or does it run all the time? :)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Cheers staffi, just gets better and better :) cant wait till i get my other bits done so i can be come a member of the autronics club :D

·
TOO many posts.......
17,132 Posts
You won`t be disappointed, where are you going to have it done?? i`d recommend Mark @ MA DEV..... ;)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts