Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My plans are to gas flow my E6 head, change to the HKS 272i and 264e cams with the usual extras such as uprated fuel pump, exhaust, high flow inlet, oil breather....and run about 1.5bar on 98RON Optimax.

In Australia I can get an autronic fully programmable PnP ECU for around $2000. For PE to remap my ECU it will be approx. $1800 landed back in Aus. add boost control (Apexi AVCR) it's up to $2500.

I hear nothing but praise for the PE remapped ECUs but what would be the better setup. Autronic, or PE remap and amp; Apexi AVCR?? How well can PE remap my ECU for the mods I will have without RR'ing my car? Has anyone already done the same or similar to what I am considering?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My opinion (for what its worth) would be that if you have someone near to you that can tune and map your car using the Autronic then it would be easier for you to go that route rather than get the PE remap. The problem with the PE remap is that everytime you modified your car further (if you do ;)) then you will need to send it back to PE to get it remapped again with the appropriate shipping costs and time.

Hope this helps

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PE maybe good but not only you'll be thousands of miles away from them in case that
something goes wrong but also a custom programmable ECU according to your needs
(current and future) makes more sense rather than an off the shelf program (which
maybe brilliant but not customized to your engine's setup and potential).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you got someone who can tune Autronics, then get it. Whereabouts are you based? I got a friend in Melbourne with Autronics on his Evo 6 with almost the same setup as you are intending. He was dynoed at 400 bhp. I have tried the PE remap myself and all I can say is it is not as aggressive as a Motec or Autronics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I do sell a fair few PE remaps for evo's , and yes they are good; very good !

But, it has its limitations....no anti lag, not straight forward to control larger injectors,
only PE can map if you do more mods.

No question about it , in your case its got to be Autronic !

AUD$2000...wow thats cheap !!

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ding.

Get the Autronics. PE are too far away from you. You should map it on an RR or dyno (or the road :D)

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys......sounds like Autronics is the way to go.

Does anyone know if the Autronic has knock control? I've been told it doesn't.

Jspeed, I'm actually in Melbourne and I believe there are a few people that have autronics experience with EVOs here. Your friend sounds a bit like my friend who also has a 400bhp E6. Does his name happen to be Jeff??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pe a bad idea
no knock in autronic
not using either and my car aint slow
still if u are from aussie ur mind is made up

andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For what it's worth, I spoke to a rally boy who had Autronics and he used to get them to email different maps to him, depending on what type of event he was on.

Perhaps other suppliers can do this too..........?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am running Autronic and it's a good bit of kit. Has a lot of good functions and also controls the AYC if you want it for a road car.

And of course it's future proof if you want to tune further, only a mapping session away each time :)

Rgds Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was told Autronic can have knock control !

Also, if an ECU is mapped properly, you shouldn't need knock control.

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sounds like autronic is now the flavour of the month
all they do is squirt in abit of fuel and fire the ignition at approximately the right time
|PLS| few other bells and whistles which may or may not be of any use
theres no huge amounts of hps that are going to materialise out of the mist
ease of tuning i think is a big plus too

has autronic just got knock then didnt use to?
is it any good, can it destinguish knock from mechanical noise
btw link cant

andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi AussieRSX,

My friend's name is Daniel and the guy who tunes his Autronics for him is Dean from Technik Tuning. If you are interested or have any questions, you can email Daniel at:

[email protected]

Cheers mate :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.