Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
8,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a few days up at the Autosport Show, here's a few shots to give you a flavour of what was around. It was a much smaller show this year, only 3 halls instead of 5, lots of the big traders were not present and no current F1 drivers at the show.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car Personal luxury car
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle Automotive parking light
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive design
Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Hood
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design

· NR555
7,457 Posts
Great photos Barry, thanks for taking the time & effort to post. The show has certainly changed over the years hasn't it.

· Premium Member
8,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haymarket , who previously organised the show, set up a separate company to market and sell this years. I suspect those working on the show had no previous experience of what the show used to be. Demon Tweeks pullled out at the last minute and I heard some astonishing figures being quoted for stand space this year. Allegedly NEC were charging £1M for hire of the halls so organisers greatly increased stand costs which backfired. It was still well attended by customers but unless something drastic happens next year I suspect they will lose even more traders and the paying public will stay away as it’s a shadow of former events. This year no current F1 drivers, no F1 teams display, no BTCC display, no WRC display, no karting area, no Pistonheads area, no Demon Tweeks, no Rally Design. The Autosport International Facebook page was deluged with people complaining how it was disappointing this year compared to previous shows.

· Premium Member
8,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Most of the photos were taken in the morning before the doors were opened to the public. It was particularly busy on Sat, 17,000 pre sold tickets plus those on the day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts