Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a nice new copy of the Autosport Circuit Guide and have spent far too long this weekend thumbing through. Covers nearly all the UK circuits we're likely to use, diagrams of every bend with plenty of detail and handy hints about how to get round the corners better. Would probably be good whether you're a novice or track day hero. Just wish I had it before I did my last few track sessions...

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Austin - ordered via www.circuitdriver.com, £34.99 inc P and amp;P. Easy to find once you're on the website.

Ian - sorry, nout on Bruntingthorpe. This is what it has - at least 15-30 pages on each to give you an idea:
Anglesey
Brands
Cadwell
Combe
Croft
Donnington
Goodwood
Jurby
Kirkistown
Knockhill
Lydden
Mallory
Oulton
Pembrey
Silverstone
Snetterton
Thruxton

Croix-en-Ternois
Le Mans Bugatti
Mondello Park
Nurburgring
Spa-Francochamps
Zandvoort
Zolder

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Car and amp; Car Conversions magazine do a similar thing every month, not as extensive as the Autocar book but typically covers 4 pages of the mag per circuit with details of each corner with diagrams. September issue was Cadwell Park, October will be Knockhill. The rest of the mag is a good read too ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doh! Wrong website address for ordering this, it's www.circuitnews.co.uk. Sorry for the duff lead.

(HH, the bloke at ccc said they are putting all the track day guides into a special issue mid-next year. Cheaper than the Autosport guide, but can't wait for that!)

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SteveC,
CCC doesn't sound as comprehensive as your Autosport book though, 15 pages per circuit against 4 pages!
Still, I buy it for the articles, I just got the October issue and it's full of interesting stuff this month. 2 page spread on the Evo WRC outlining the improvements and interesting homologation stuff (worth a read off the self even you are not buying ;)), a 270bhp Elise (nice ;)), tuning the new MINI Cooper and a road going TVR Tuscan challenge car (the only TVR I would ever want!). Have a look in Smiths if nothing else ;)

By the way did anyone see the Evo WRC testing at Monte Carlo and Bruntingthorpe on one of the Sky programmes the other day? (think it was 'Motorsport Mundial'). Lets just say the other teams sould be afraid....very afraid! (especially if it don't break down!).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...also a 2 page spread on Shell Optimax although it reads a bit like an advert but still interesting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts