Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something a bit cheaper!

Seriously, I have a fair bit of money tied up in the car and with my earnings this tax year almost half what they were when I bought the car, I can no longer justify the expense of running it.

I've never had a 'boring' car, and hopefully never will - I'm on the lookout for a mint Alfa Sprint 1.5/1.7 (with a view to fitting the 16v unit from the 33
or basically anything reasonably quick with a bit of character.

I'll be sad to let the Lancer go, as most of you will know they are really sweet cars to drive, and I don't just mean the performance. It is only when you get into another car you realise just how 'right' the Lancer feels, something I sometimes forget.

Ah well, in a few years I'll probably pick up an Evo VI with 70,000m and six owners and be happy again!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chunky,

Sorry to hear about you impending loss - after years of Alfa ownership I can empathise with your coice of replacement ! Not quite as robust as the GSR though....

Good Luck !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chunky my man, what you need is a Suzuki Swift GTi 100 bhp standard (serious) there tremendous fun, well screwed together and you can pick `n reg up for £3500-£4000 thren you could supercharge it, i`ve had 2 now and if i didnt have what i got now, that`d be it, or a seat ibiza or a....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha! I think I've been in a Swift GTti, I'm sure it was a turbocharged 3-cylinder with ~100bhp and it was a hoot.

£3-3.5k ? I'm thinking more along the lines of £1-1.5k.

Yes, it is that bad

You get used to too much when you work offshore, when you get back to the real world the numbers just don't add up.... :/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
3 cylinders and turbo that`d be a diahatsu charade , yep thats a hoot aswell but the swifts better you could pick one up for what you want to spend..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.