Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

Check out the link below to view the new GT-A version of the Lancer Evo VII (Grand Tourer - wait for it, Automatic).

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/tahmad/php3/openframe.php3?page|EQU|previews/preview_main_new.php3?id|EQU|33410

Sounds as though Mitsubishi have lost their marbles to me...

John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wonder if this will have the same problem as the tiptronic pajero evo - they had to back the timing off because the gearbox couldn't hack it (quoted from Colt Cars!!)

I need gears :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
even in a manual evo u have to back the timing off cos the engine cant hack it (well at 1.8 bars anyway)
for an out and out drag car then you might consider fitting an auto
be interesting to see how well it goes, if it is intelligent and changes down under hard braking then that will be a problem as it will lock the wheels if you are on the limit of braking
also needs to pick up a lower gear immeadiatly the throttle is pressed
and needs to hold the gear when you lift off
needs to be strong so that you can go to limit of turbo without breaking it
nothing wrong with concept in the past, just execution

andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The gearbox is out of an existing mitsubishi that runs a 280bhp 2.5v6 twin turbo engine,
This has been sold for 6 years now with no major problems.

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has anyone read the road-test on the Ev07 GTA in Auto-Express this week?
I really cannot see the point of this car, wheres the appeal, and who's it suppost to be aimed at?
IMO the whole reason for buying an Evo is for it's agressive looks and the way it goes, which have been lost with the toned-down styling and auto box.
Does this car actually appeal to anyone in this forum and would anyone buy it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You would be surprised at the number of people who will only drive an auto, look at porsche,ferrari.
virtually every manufacterer offers thier sports car with an auto option,

tony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts