Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got the new copy.

looking through it and seeing the audi rs4 with 420 hp and 317lb at 5500rpm.

makes the fq400 seem alright seeing the audi is £15.00 of 50k.

0.60 in 4.8 :confused: 20 miles per gallon .

weight 1650kg :confused:

·
Registered
405 Posts
The new RS4 will be awesome. I've had a chance to sit in it and try out the pedals and steering wheel, and the general driving position already gives away how much more sporty this car is compared to previous fast audis.

Also the engine's now naturally aspirated so no lag at all, and the chassis is more rwd orientated making the drive "more involving" for all the people that had problems with it.

If anyone's up for the full Audi experience my RS6 is still for sale - and is a considerably better car than the FQ400.

EBAY auction for my RS6

Unfortunately it only nails 60 in 4.5 not 3.5 so it had to go!

POE8Y - try it - you might find you like it more than your dad does, or more than your 400 for that matter :)

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
ollieb7 said:
no doubt the steering in the audi will be b#llocks just like all the rest with the exception of the UR!

50k NO WAY - you'll get two nearly new 340's for that!
Actually the sterring feel has been improved after comments from the UK market, plus they will be setting up all their suspension setting on British roads from now on :cool: :nod:

Also has a much more neutral driving set up not all power understeer like previous fast Audis :)

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
fq400duran said:
just got the new copy.

But the Audi RS's do come with a real warranty, and don't tend to break much anyway.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Leonard said:
Actually the sterring feel has been improved after comments from the UK market, plus they will be setting up all their suspension setting on British roads from now on :cool: :nod:

Also has a much more neutral driving set up not all power understeer like previous fast Audis :)
:D

Just say THANK YOU TIM :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Leonard

Cos THATS my Job :D :D :D ...99% of my work is with Audi over in Inglostadt or at the "Ring" :D :D

Present medical problems excepted :cry: :cry: But i should be up and running again for the next generation RS 6 with the new V10

Tim

·
Registered
405 Posts
Re: Leonard

Timspeed said:
Cos THATS my Job :D :D :D ...99% of my work is with Audi over in Inglostadt or at the "Ring" :D :D

Present medical problems excepted :cry: :cry: But i should be up and running again for the next generation RS 6 with the new V10

Tim
You've got my dream job ;)

Is the V10 confirmed? Last I heard they ditched it and went back to the twin-turbo V8 setup - but it should really get the V10, especially after the RS4 got the NA engine! What about the 'box, is it going to be DSG?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ty:D i gotta say i like it:D:D
Last i heard........They initialy were gonna use the Lambo Gallardo motor, Audi then decided to Design a new motor,Due i believe to the length of lambo unit. BUT as with the Gbox i have no idea of the exact specs until i see the first prototypes.THEN just watch for the Grin :rockon: :D on my face

Tim

·
Registered
946 Posts
fq400duran said:
just got the new copy.

It is 0-62 in 4.8s and 0-125 in around 16 seconds. That is not too shabby if you ask me. Plus it looks :coolsm: . If it were 10k less I'd buy one :D .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.